turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TPG is holding funds, TT unable to be reached

@Jennifer1111  I hope you get answers and your refund soon! 

If anyone figures this out or gets answers including myself please post here to help out someone else. People need their money to pay bills. This is not fair that a company can hold our money that was released to us from the IRS. They are probably holding it and making interest off of it to profit from. Class Action Lawsuit is in the near future I'm certain.

@JonesS, oh my God, yours is just totally MIA?? When you do the search on their website, it still says unfunded? A freaking month later after the IRS released funds? Yeah, I’d say you need to open a claim with the IRS at this point. Tell them your refund was stolen and that TPG is completely unresponsive and says they don’t have it. So awful, I’m sorry. I don’t even know if the IRS has the capability to pull that back but if you file something for taxpayer fraud they’d have to. On the IRS website there are forms to file taxpayer fraud with regards to tax preparation. I think this would fit that. If it were me in your shoes, I’d start there. I hope they get this fixed soon for everyone’s sake. 

At this point I feel TurboTax need to just pay us what we are owed and they should be the ones waiting for the bank. 

This has happened to a substantial amount of people.

I will be contacting my local news station in Philadelphia if I do not receive a response from them by Monday. I have prepared many screen shots from this community about this, along with the SINGLE copy and pasted response from @SForrestLO (Not to call you out, girl. You need support). 

I suggest you all do the same. 

I can't even find a place to post this. Where is my refund? It was issued by the IRS a week ago. IT'S BEEN RELEASED. BUT not by Turbo Tax or it's bank. I always provide my ID and did so this year. Where's our refund? There's no way to contact anyone about this and no letters or communication on the site or via email.

We've been stolen from. And Turbo Tax is responsible for their subcontracted bank, TurboTax is accountable for their unethical behavior.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

In this public forum, we do not have access to any information regarding refund processing. It would be necessary to try contacting TPG for additional information. You can also check out this TPG Help Article to check on your refund.

@SmarteSusieQ1

Please stop posting this unhelpful response. It is further agitating your customers! Do you think we are venting here because we didn't think about checking and reaching out to SBTPG? STOP SHIFTING BLAME! TURBO TAX, TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THE ISSUE CREATED BY YOUR PARTNER!

WE HAVE ALL TRIED CONTACTING THEM!!!!  

@NoneOfYourBusiness2 @longhorn8847 

Here's how to get a hold of TPG: I am posting his on lots of different threads

It's a little tricky, almost like the don't want you to find it! Also, this is how I KNOW TPG took the money...

- Call eight seven seven, nine zero eight, seven two two eight (need to type it out, or else it gets redacted)

- Press 1 for English

- Enter in 2 as a taxpayer

- Follow prompts - Enter SSN, Filing Status, Zip Code

- It will repeat to you that "A payment was made to you in the amount of $$$ on xx/xx/2022 via direct deposit"

- Then it will ask you a few more things. Press 2 to "Hear a list of recent funding"

- Here's the funny part! It will now say "A tax refund was RECEIVED in the amount of $$$ on xx/xx/2022 from the IRS." Which is the exact amount you SHOULD HAVE received from TurboTax!

- Then it will say If you would like to speak to a representative, press 2

- You will be put on hold for a long time. You should hear a recorded message that asks if you would like to use your phone number to receive a call back. 

- Press 1 to confirm

- You can also just press 1 as soon as you're put on hold and it will prompt you to be put into the que

I really hope this helps everyone!

Let's ring their phones off the hook!

That doesnt help as most of us dont get the prompt of "A payment was made to you in the amount of $$$ on xx/xx/2022 via direct deposit". 

We get a prompt that we need to verify our identity and go to a website which then doesnt recognize out social security number.
After this prompt, there is no option to talk to someone, it just hangs up.

Has anyone contacted turbo tax with any luck?

Why is TURBOTAX doing NOTHING?? They literally do not care. 

Turbotax will never get my business agian tpg are frauds and charlatans hooe your happy im suing your a$$

I am having this same issue. They kept much more than the 117 I agreed to. 

This is out of hand. They are keeping our money with out sending us any type of information regarding as to why they are keeping it. It's one thing if the IRS keeps it but at least they send a letter pertaining to why. Tpg just took it and isn't taking any responsibility at all. There's no way to "fix" the issue so we just have to sit around and wait? Who's going to take responsibility @turbotax @SForrestLO 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies