turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmcartii

When I check my refund status is says ready to mail and nothing else and I’m unsure what that means

I did my taxes April 20 it’s July 16 and I still haven’t received it but when I check turbo tax it doesn’t say decline or that it isn’t accepted
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

When I check my refund status is says ready to mail and nothing else and I’m unsure what that means

Ready to Mail means that you have to print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS, it was not e-filed.

You can change from mailing the tax return to e-filing the tax return by following the procedure in this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online...

There is no penalty for filing after the due date if there are no taxes owed or there is a tax refund.

When you choose to mail in the return you were told that YOU had to print, ink sign and put a stamp on it if you read the screens and the mailing instructions ... you can do so now or switch to efiling as already stated in this thread ...  in the future pay close attention to the screen instructions no matter which DIY  you use. 

mail print 2020.jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies