turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is going on with my stimulus

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

23 Replies
HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

In the rush to get the stimulus payments out the IRS sent some payments to an account that may be closed, is no longer active, or unfamiliar. By law the financial institution must return the payment to the IRS.   

You can confirm the status of your stimulus payment at Get My Payment.   

• If it shows a direct deposit date and partial account information, then your payment is deposited there.  

• If it shows a date your payment was mailed, it may take up to 3 – 4 weeks for you to receive the payment. Watch your mail carefully for a check or debit card.   

• If it shows "Payment Status #2 – Not Available," then you will not receive a second Economic Impact Payment and instead you need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 Tax Return.  

If you paid for TurboTax with your refund last year, we have given the IRS your correct account information and you can expect the IRS to make a second attempt within the next few days.  

We know that this stimulus is important to you and your family and we remain committed to getting you your money. You can find the most up to date information at IRS Updates on the Second Stimulus and TurboTax Updates on the Second Stimulus.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
LMC6
Level 2

If I paid Turbo Tax last year AND my payment status 2 still says “Not Available”, will my payment be deposited?

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

@LMC6

It sounds like you may have been one of the taxpayers who was affected by an IRS processing error that delayed payments.  

We are happy to share that TurboTax customers who were affected by the IRS processing error that delayed some stimulus payments should begin seeing deposits into their accounts as soon as January 8, 2021. 

This update may not be reflected in the Get My Payment tool at the IRS due to the focus on efforts to distribute the payments. 

These payments will be distributed to the account listed for your federal refund on your 2019 tax return.  If you did not have a refund in 2019, did not receive your 2019 refund via direct deposit, or did not file a return, the IRS may not have your direct deposit information and you should expect to either receive a check or to claim the payment on your 2020 tax return.

If you do not see a payment either in your bank account or your mailbox by January 15, 2021, you should claim your payment via the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return.  Please hold off filing returns until after this date to ensure that you are preparing the most accurate return possible.

For TurboTax customers who need to claim the credit on your tax return, you are encouraged to file early (but after January 15) to receive these funds as quickly as possible.  In TurboTax, you will enter information about the credit when prompted near the end of the interview in the Final Review section of the program. 

More information about the payments and any additional updates can be found at the following links:

This is sad that my first was deposited on turbotax card. Now the second one I have to wait, until irs send a check. I have been using this card since I got it. I reload money on it all the time. I cant see how the heck yall can close an account without consent 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It would be best to read the latest update on the status of the stimulus payment here. Turbo Tax is awaiting the IRS to release the funds for many payments, as Turbo Tax cannot issue the funds until they have received them. 

To check on the status of your stimulus payment, please click here

still have not got my 2nd stimulus. I filed this year with turbo tax. I do not normally have to file. I filed for the recovery rebate credit. The irs accepted my return on 02/09/2021 accroding to turbo tax. I heard that if you have not gotten your 2nd one you will not get the 3ard

no one from turbo tax has reached out to me. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please use this link for more information on your second stimulus check. Second Stimulus Information

Hello I also need help with the status of my taxes

PattiF
Expert Alumni

Here is a link that will help with finding information about the status of your tax return.

n0rg

Hi,

Turbotax makes it real difficult to get support or input into any e-mail/community string. However, I just tried to startup both my 2019 and 2020 Turbotax and it wants me to activate it. They've already been activated so WTF?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the steps in this TurboTax Help Article to resolve your license activation issue:

TurboTax 2019 and TurboTax 2020 requests license activation at every launch

@n0rg

2tre

Do I get a stimulus check 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

If you qualify for it, then yes, you would eligible to receive it. 

How will the 3rd stimulus affect me

The IRS will utilize the most recent information on file to issue any stimulus payments you are entitled to. If they process your 2020 income tax return before issuing the payment, the IRS will use that information.  Otherwise they will base their payments on your 2019 tax return. 

Please see the link below for more guidance as it relates the third stimulus payment.

IRS information on third stimulus payment

@2tre

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies