Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I just reached them today and that what i was told that there was an error on their end but not on my tax return

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

DId you ask how long they would take to fix their error?

i reached them friday and they said they were fixing errors and thats theres nothing for me to do. but didnt give me a timeline just said4-8 weeks

They told me that it could take up to 10 weeks for mine and thats preety much it but that they dont know what is the error for smh

filed early feb. accepted feb 10 has been showing still being processed. got an email today showing i have something coming in mail today from IRS. NO CLUE?? I have filed the same dependents and everything for past 4 years unbelievable 

They said that starting today it will take up to 10 weeks

I hope that the IRS is wrong because the WMR said my tax return was “still being processed” now when I enter my information it now tells me I must have entered the wrong information. But when I called the automated line it says it is “still being processed”, which is strange.

NOW IM CALLING BUT IT DOES NOT GO THROUGH WITH ALL THE HI CALL VOLUME

Federal taxes were accepted on February 14th state taxes accepted on February 28th I still have not received my return yet

SBlakely1

If you're here looking for answers about the 2020 tax season (filed this year), it might help you to know my current, puzzling situation. I filed with TurboTax on February 5th, received the message that my federal return was accepted on February 11th with an estimated date of the refund being March 4th. The IRS Where's My Refund tool showed that my refund was accepted and was showing the orange bars up until about March 3rd or so when the bars went away and I got the "We are STILL processing your refund, a date will be posted when one is available". My transcripts showed that no refund had been received. I started attempting to call the IRS on Friday, March 5th but couldn't get through. Finally today on Tuesday, March 9th, I was able to get through the phone lines after a 2-hour wait. After a short 5 minute wait (in comparison) the IRS worker told me that they had just received my federal return on March 5th. I was floored. She explained that I would have to wait 21 days from March 5th. Furious, I got off the phone and called TurboTax. After fighting with their automated system for a bit, I got through to someone who explained that because TurboTax showed it had been accepted on the 11th of February, it couldn't be an error on their part. She said that they don't get those messages unless the IRS itself accepts or rejects the return. So, here I am, waiting 40 days instead of 21 because somewhere between TurboTax and the IRS, my return sat unnoticed for almost a month. Anyways, if you've heard nothing and more than 21 days have passed, just a note that it could absolutely not be because of an error on your return or anything else that you did wrong...

I filed on Feb 13th and haven't received anything in the mail yet (03/09) it went from processing to still processing.

I talked to the IRS this morning and they told me that I had a refund date of 03/12/2021 and the system is playing catch with everything updating, so If you check your tax transcripts you can see if they issued your refund. If you have an account with the IRS you can do this and if you do not you can create an account because all you need is date of birth, SS#, mailing address, name as it appears on your tax return when you filed. The IRS will need to identify that you are the one creating the account by either a credit card, student loan, a mortgage etc., once they verify you, you can create a username and password. You do all this by going to www.irs.gov and click on view account then click on create or view your account then under sign up click create account that is when you enter the information listed above then you will receive a text message with a verification code you enter it and then you are all set. Once in under records click view tax records, then click get transcript, click on select a reason you need transcript ( you can chose any one, it does not matter). Once in, under account transcript click on 2020 it will open up then scroll to the bottom of your refund was issued it should have IRS code 846 refund issued and a date. 

I was in the same boat I filed my tax return with TurboTax on 01/15 and was accepted on 02/10 by the IRS and had an estimated refund date of 03/03 so on 03/05 I called the IRS and was told there was nothing wrong with my return so I called back that night and was told there was an error on my return on their part that they would fix it in their error department. So this morning I decided to check on my track transcripts and it was updated with my 2020 return and code 846 refund issued and a date of 03/12/2021. Keep checking your tax transcripts because dependin on your cycle code it should happen any day now my cycle code ended in 02 so it updated last night which 02 is Monday. Once your transcripts update and you get a deposit or a mail on date it will take a day or two for the WMR to fix itself according to the IRS, so just keep checking your transcripts it will update with your refund information. I hope this helps and good luck.

I did mine February 4th and it was accepted on the 12th. I’ve tried calling but never got to talk to anyone...

Shaysweetbaby
Returning Member

hello my tax saying yhe same thing its being  processed  and iam waiting for a date 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies