Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HB88
Level 5

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

What numbers do you mash to speak to to the irs, the 800 number, what are the prompts for speaking with a real person

@sanfrangalof4 wrote:

What numbers do you mash to speak to to the irs, the 800 number, what are the prompts for speaking with a real person

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.
Or you can contact your local IRS office. See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment

*You can call [phone number removed]  choose language for English press 1

then press 2 for (personal income tax)

then press 1 for (forms, tax history, or payment)

then press 3 (for all other questions)

then press 2 ( for all other questions)

-when asked to enter your SS# do not enter it

-when it asks a second time do not enter it

you will then get another menu press 2

then press 4

*Or you can call [phone number removed] when prompted enter extension 652

If you do not get through just keep calling until you get through and you will be put on hold just stay on hold for the next available representative. Good luck

Keep calling you will get through, it’s your money and you have a right to know what is going on with it. Good luck

I followed the steps you provided to login to IRS site and my 2020 transcript shows "have not received return yet" with no other codes listed.

Even though I used Turbotax to submit my Federal and State , accepted by the IRS on  Feb 10th, 

status bar for "where's my refund" showed processing, for about 4 days, then the status bar disappeared only to be replaced with the message "  Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available."

I'm assuming everyone situation is a bit different, at this point I have no idea what to expect or what is going on, it's a simple return, first year I have ever had any problems. 

My father who submitted electronically early as well has the same exact issue.

Not sure why this year is so screwed up, and good luck trying to contact IRS phone. 

gms84
Returning Member

I e-filed on 2/3 and it was accepted 2/12. On 2/29 my status bar on the tool disappeared and it says still processing. I was able to get through to the IRS yesterday. The lady I spoke with said there were no errors and that it was still just processing. She also told me to call back next week. 

I really hope they didn't just let all of our taxes sit for a month before they started processing them. This is ridiculous.

If you go back into your transcripts and look at your previous tax returns such as 2018 and 2019 look at the line that says cycle posted that will show a cycle code which is a 8 digit number the las two digits are either 01,02,03,04,05 if either year ends in 01-04 you would update daily and if it ends in 05 you would update weekly most of the time but could either update weekly or daily ending in 05. Calling the IRS just keep calling you will at some point get through, I know it is extremely frustrating because I went through it but you will get through to the IRS.

Files super early January 24th, was accepted on February 14th and nothing no information on the website either. This is ridiculous people need their refunds especially now!!! 😡🤯

my was accepted feb-11 2020

how did you get a live person at the irs

To get through I always pressed 3 the business line and they always transferred me.

@ david123 wrote:

how did you get a live person at the irs

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

There is another post I posted a little while ago with the # [phone number removed] with all the prompts to follow and I called [phone number removed] extension 652 and I just kept calling until I got through which was usually the 5 or 6th time in a row and I would hold until the next available agent picked up. You just got to keep calling and calling until you get through because so many people are calling to find out about what is going on with their refunds.

I originally filed January 24th. The IRS accepted it on February 14th, a Sunday, and haven’t heard or seen or received anything since

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies