turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I am one of the many thousands of people who used TurboTax this year to file my 2019 tax. This was in Feb. and IRS electronically received them as well as both my state tax. I received a letter from the IRS at the end of Feb. telling me to send a form 8262 and my HSA for health care coverage. I sent it the very next day by certified mail and it shows through tracking that it was received in Kansas City by the end of the first week of March. I, even as of today, still only show this same "being processed" error through IRS.gov where is my refund. I called the IRS and they were no help at all and couldn't even tell me where they were as far as processing it, then hung up on me. TurboTax has been no help at all and keep pushing me towards the IRS website to check for my refund. They are not taking responsibility of their error and should be held accountable for it. I would have submitted an amended tax electronically but conveniently the IRS did not make that available electronically until this month after deadline. The worst tax season in my life and I will never, ever, ever, use TurboTax again and will make sure others know about this problem with them as we all should be doing. 

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Same here still waiting hot audit send in all paperwork still waiting

It is not Turbo Tax fault. They are here to make your filing taxes easier. They can't control what the IRS does.  The IRS and the pandemic are to blame. It took us a little while to get our refund back as well. However, we got our refund months ago and when u look up where's my refund it still shows that it is being processed smh. IRS needs to get things corrected. 

I filed using Turbo Tax and was accepted the first week of February, by March 11th I received a letter looking for my 8962 & 1095-A forms. One of the reasons I can say A LOT of people are ANGRY at Turbo Tax because Turbo Tax failed to show these forms during filing NOT because of the pandemic, it just feels like negligence on there behalf. Anyway I sent all correspondence back on the 14th of March and haven’t heard anything since. I’ve called several times and outside of the first time it’s been no help what’s so ever and keep being told to just wait. I can’t for the life of me understand the calm “you can allow more time” line every time I call it’s like they don’t understand we all have struggles and we need every penny. To my knowledge my paper work ended up at their Kansas City location. So fast forward to today when I came across an article on how the IRS now allows you to E-File your Amended tax form, should this be something we should do in the case? Will it delay our refunds even more? Or should we just wait this out? I understand everyone’s anger and pray we all have this resolved soon.

Now I received no letter from them, nothing!!? And still no check, can't even get the Tax Advocate people to call me back

Yes listen guys please admend and make sure line 19 is correct it’s all the health care coverage crap I know it’s took me months to get to bottom of the crap and Adv is. I help like they say they are she full of causes and lies to she want even let me know she revived my faces papers I sent her with my admended return irs and turbo tax is a joke I’ll never ever use them again !!!! 15 yrs I have never again 

Don’t exile adamend n fax it 

The people that are saying "this isn't TT's fault" obviously didn't have state/federal subsidized health insurance and weren't affected the way most of us here were. I have used TT more than 15yrs and never had an issue. This was THE FIRST YEAR a question was never asked about health insurance, whether we had it or not and from who? Had that question remained included i guarantee we WOULD HAVE answered it and filed the according paperwork! BEYOND THE PANDEMIC TT directly caused our returns to be turned in incomplete, thus immediately creating an additional 8 week process. I used to tout Turbo Tax and never will again. A some of the scariest, worst, and most desperate times of our life this company literally screwed us.

I'm not looking for or specifically want any monetary "compensation" but I think some ownership on the company's behalf would go a long way in reference to goodwill. The ignorant silent treatment and passing the blame to the IRS/pandemic don't cut it.

As of yesterday, I now have a 424 Examination Request code on my transcript. What does this mean?

I don't know sorry, but as of yesterday as well I have to send form 8962 and all my insurance. I'm so sorry for all of this. But maybe they are going to get your money out to you. Maybe that is the next step of theirs.

Same here and five months no notice, no one can tell me why it's in an error status, and the department that can doesn't answer the phone.  I am a single mother of three, child support won't serve my sons dad so I don't get any support while he's living fat off unemployment with no bills, every bill in my house is higher, i don't qualify for welfare, and the IRS won't give me what's owed to me.  Yet these companies got millions of dollars in bailouts that they didn't need.  It's a sad day.

I agree same here we lost a home we had paid earnest money on bc of the crap . It’s health care error I almost grantee bc turbo had removed that part then when it went to Irs it added 18.00 in line 19 where it should have said zero we have had same ins for almost six yrs when I used the paid version I never had this issue I used the free file through them and had same crap lost two yrs we just got it amended three wks ago however it said want know anything for 16 wks

Oh one more thing someone said the had civil suit bc of it I wish I knew who they using 

Mines to im a single parent to i file march 7th they sent me paper work to send back i sent it in june they told me 6 to 8weeks it's been thatso when i called back they told me they opening up august 1 and from that date 8more weeks she told me if i dont get my refund by September 24 to call back im tired of this something needs to be done cause I bet they have they refund 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies