turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Thank you 

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Please send me the number you used 

I wish I could talk to someone. I desperately need my money.  Help??

Screenshot_2020-05-19-14-00-44.png

Don't press anything when asked to select a language. Then when it says enter the code from the letter, enter six five two. Then wait patiently. If they lines are busy it may say a recording and hang up. Just try again until you get hold music. My wife and I filed in January and our expected refund date was February 12. I dont blame TT though, we filed FREE and got our stimulus checks a month ago. Now according to what I was told by the IRS yesterday our refund was adjusted in our favor an additional amount band we should have the total amount in 4-6 weeks. Hopefully it doesn't take that long.

Boney001
Returning Member

Same here. That is not fair. We want our money too.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jennyc82

I've been trying to call since March!

Jennyc82

How did you get a hole of someone? I've been trying since March, following all the prompts. Ugh

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

I contacted the IRS through this method, (when you press 4 on the second menu the automated system will hang up on you saying that the call volume is too high so I choose the pay outstanding balances options)upon reaching the representative she quickly prompted me to give her the reason for the call. I politely asked if she had to ability to look into tax returns that were already being processed. The representative begrudgingly stated that she had no such ability and ALL tax returns were on hold/not being processed due to the fact that there were no employees working at the any IRS location. Essentially we're all **bleep**ed... 

well finally found out what my issue was with my tax return it was TurboTax fk up on my EIC shorted me $3000 IRS caught it fix it don't use this company what a rip off

Anyone that is trying to contact IRS call first thing in morning like 7am I got through yesterday but all they could say I'd another few weeks I filed Feb 15 with kids .

If you Google how to take to a live person at irs it tells you what numbers to push to get to a real person 

Call at 7am that's when they open 

1. 8.7.7.7.7.74.7.7.8 tax adovcate they will help you tell you want is going on 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Federal refund questions

IRS operations

Tamdover

Hi, I filed my tax return in February and still haven't received my money yet, the IRS stated something about my health insurance as well and I sent the proper paperwork back in February, still being processed, very upsetting and confused and yes turbo tax debited my account in March , good to see I'm not alone

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies