turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I'm very happy for you!  Our timelines and situations are very similar.  What state are you from?  I'm hoping my return is in the same pile yours was. 😉

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

My situation and timeline is very similar to yours.  Please keep us updated.  I haven't heard anything about mine either.  I got my transcripts, but they're no help.  Something about a non-filing, but apparently they did that to a lot of people in error.  So, keeping fingers crossed. 

The refund arrived into my bank account today. It looks like the date of transfer happens immediately, if your bank does not hold anything up.

CA is the state that refunded back on 3/3. Idaho is the state accepted on 2/14, with no refund or payment due. I began a move from CA to Idaho late last year. I lived in CA most of 2019. Federal refunded 7/8.

Not sure why people with similar timelines are getting different results, or what motivated the process to complete for me this week...I am not sure I will ever get answer for that. 

Just glad it finished. I am currently no longer waiting on anything from the IRS or turbotax.

Hope you all get your refunds soon. Wish I could be of more help.

Thanks for all the information.  I'm filing from Michigan.  So, we shall just wait.  😎

Yay!  Me as well. Just got notice my refund deposited today as they stated.   Finally but considering I had nothing to complain about.   Feb is really really.   Wonder if these posts made it there and got attention lol 

No stimulus tho.  I could use that de DC perately to get my truck fixed.  Walking in the heat...good workout but phew lol. 

Have a great day

tax return says is still being processed and a date will be available how long will it be will I get a tax return actual date from this point

I found out from the IRS that I had to confirm my identity, the fact that I never got a letter was due to it getting stuck I'm the system with no one there to send it out, I was able to just do my verification over the phone, said it would take 9 weeks to process my return. I did however see that my message has changed to still being processed to We have received you return & it is being processed. My next question is now that TurboTax took their money out of my account will I be getting my full refund or will they be paid double???? That's an issue. Greedy company once again not caring & me on the suffering end!!! My money is mine & turbo tax doesn't deserve anything! 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

You will not be charged twice.

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing anything paper at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yall should refund that families money knowing there is a pandemic you shouldnt have charged anyone a thing until payments were recieved. U have cpas and info to the irs they send update all the time i was a tax prep myself

There's still be processing and there's processing if it says they are still processing your return they have not got to it yet when it says they are processing that means they are actually processing your return so as long as it says they are still processing they have not gotten to you yet contact your Congressman that's what I did and they're helping me out a great bit I filed in March 5th and still have not received a return or stimulus check this is totally ridiculous I read last night at Mary's our people got to sit in this text by accident and I haven't even gotten my first story what's going to happen when they send out the second one

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns at the IRS due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

Alucc

Did you end up receiving your tax return? Due to COVID they extended the deadline to and file And I filed on June 15 but am having the same issues. It’s taken for ever for them to accept and now I’ve been waiting on the still processing message. It is now July 13th and still nothing. What’s the average wait time until you all received your Federal return? 

Filed in feb still waiting

Filed February 7th and still waiting....F-ing furious is an understatement 😡

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Unfortunately, if your return shows accepted when you sign in to TurboTax, only the IRS has any information regarding the processing status.  :(   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies