Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in the normal time frame: less than 21 days. However, it’s possible that some tax returns may require further review and could take longer.  Once your tax return was accepted on March 7th, only the IRS knows the status or why they are reviewing it.   Once your return is put on hold for review, it is then manually processed.  And because of the COVID situation, the IRS has stopped processing paper-filed returns and returns needing manual processing.   It would not matter what tax prep software you used, the corrected form caused your tax return to move form electronic and automatic processing to a return needing manually processing.  

Amended returns are also manually processed, so these too are on hold until the IRS resumes normal operations.  

IRS Operations During COVID-19

@mavcarter

@Karalynnwes06

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Mine says accept , I was supposed to get mine April 23 , and it sti haven't hit my account

rnsmayne

I'm really feeling hopeless at this point! I just don't feel like I'm going to get anything ever. Noone cares. I'm just an irrelevant person 

They did that to me last year and I still haven't got my tax return haven't even got this year's yet and no letter

Yes it was accepted im still wating on my Federal my state got tooken but not Federal the lazt time i talk to somone i was supposed. To get it on the april 15th never got nuffin yet

Such bs TurboTax you know why we all got reviewed cause of your software not being updated so we all got screwed I got a tax advocate  told me TurboTax screwed up everyone return cause of the healthcare form missing also you wouldn't release our bank info for the stimulus check cause your company couldn't take our money from that I will never use this company again to file

rnsmayne

I hope this is not true! I spoke with two people at TurboTax who were very nice and they ensured me it's the IRS fault and the delay on both stimulus and federal taxes are not their fault.  If this is true TurboTax needs to fix this Today!!!!!!!

Im going through the same thing. Never asked me about insurance And now i still havent heard anything.

TM49
Level 1

I was just wondering how long it was taken to process my e-file tax return

I would like to know the answer to this question also

I dont give a **bleep** whos fault it is it just needs to be fixed I worked to hard for that money and I want it asap! turbo tax needs to take the GUARANTY off there add and put maybe you will and maybe you wont we are not in kinder garden they all need to grew up and owen up who evers fault it is I think we should be able to tack interest on it like they do us when we are late on our payments

I have the same problem.  Filed 02/28.

Im having same problem I can't in touch with them and it's been over 60 days 

I e-filed with H&R Block beginning of March. Federal and state quickly accepted it. Week later received State refund check. Two weeks after that I received a 5071C from IRS asking me to call or go on internet and prove my identity, I'm guessing because I recently moved / or maybe because I haven't had to file in some years before now. Either way I was cool with that up until the number given isn't accepting calls due to Covid-19 and with the internet I got to the part where I had to enter a phone number in my name. Well bc my cell phone service is pre-paid with Cricket/AT&T it locked me out for 24 hours. So federal income tax refund and no stimulus check . Almost 10 weeks later and it still says -unavailable still processing-  I have baby coming in less than 2 months. Worst ever

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

I am sure you must be quite frustrated, sixty days is a long time to wait.  Unfortunately, there aren't many ways to find out a whole lot of information and any issue that may need resolved requires the assistance of departments that in large part are currently closed or severely understaffed.  

You can sometimes glean some additional information about what is holding it up by requesting a copy of your IRS Transcript here: IRS Transcripts.  However, this would just give you a little extra information - right now most IRS departments are closed so you would not be able to resolve any pending issues.

The Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) is still operating and can sometimes assist.  However, they are also extremely backed up and limited in the assistance that they can currently provide due to the IRS department closures. Contact information for the TAS can be found here: Taxpayer Advocate Service.

I wish I had better news for you, but at this time most IRS processing is either significantly delayed or entirely on hold.  

@Markitajam86

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies