turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Verify my identity with

@Apwhite27 

Sadly, you’re spot on with that one.

EVERYONE around me has officially ALL received their stimulus packages... I’m the only one that I know still waiting on their tax return &/or stimulus money (other than you guys ♥️✊🏻). It’s really horrible being forgotten and/or ignored by the government that’s supposed to help you... especially at a time like this. 

How come they are already opening malls and other non-essential businesses around the entire country but they STILL can’t open up the IRS PHONE LINE?! Come ON! That’s a job that can be done remotely ANYWAY!! 

OPEN THE IRS BACK UP BEFORE STUPID HAIR SALONS!
This is ridiculous!!!

Verify my identity with

Hello...sorry i did not mean to mark this as a solution bcuz its definitely not solved!! Butbyes i have tried everything myself. None of my phome numbers work and i myself have three numbers in my name under three different phone companies as well. I don't know what else to do! I have literally tried contacting everyone possible by either phone or emsil and have yet to find a solution. I find myself crying at night being so stressed out about having no way at all to get my tax check or my Stimulus Check! I am no one more important than the next person in our situation but it really sucks when I have no help. Im a single mother with no one to turn to and all the IRS can do is basically say...oh well or try again!! Well that doesnt put food on our tables and it doesnt pay our bills!! 

Verify my identity with

Just an update to my situation. According to the "Get my Payment" status tool on the IRS website.. Its now saying that I'm going to be issued a check for the stimulus on May 15. So thats a positive. I'll believe it when I see it at this point but I am hopeful. So I would assume they are going to mail the check to my last known 2018 return address.

If you did filed a return in 2018, then please keep checking the "Get My Payment" link on the IRS website for updates to checks being mailed out.

Verify my identity with

I really thought I was going thru this on my own. The only info I can give you guys will be to go to your senators website. Fill out privacy form and attach a brief yet detailed letter of what’s going on. Good luck y’all.

Verify my identity with

I really thought I was going thru this on my own. The only info I can give you guys will be to go to your senators website. Fill out privacy form and attach a brief yet detailed letter of what’s going on. Good luck y’all.

Verify my identity with

I really thought I was going thru this on my own. The only info I can give you guys will be to go to your senators website. Fill out privacy form and attach a brief yet detailed letter of what’s going on. Good luck.

Verify my identity with

I know its absolutely insane how many people are going thru the same exact thing! But i sincerely appreciate your suggestion! I've already emailed everyone i could possibly think of including the Govenor but I'll email the Senator right now! Thanks again! Oh and just curious....after you sent your email have you recieved any type of response back? If so did it take long for a response back?

Verify my identity with

Still haven’t heard anything and I was so hopefully I’d at least have a Direct deposite date 9 weeks after and here it is 12 weeks after and not even changed from processing claim showing up on WMR tool. Just been waiting since feb and can’t do anything but wait...

Katc2830
Returning Member

Verify my identity with

I called the IRS today and was told I needed to verify my identity because I hadn't filed a return in years. I had all the correct answer but one. I had to file a paper return so I guess the return is coming by paper check? I failed after being on the phone for 3 hours! I was told to fax the documents in and it would take approximately 12 weeks. How can our government do this? My husband and I worked for our money. We can't get the stimulus payment because it's tied into the return. I don't have my husband's w-2 because we already sent it to them.

Verify my identity with

Resonating with all the frustration here

How many of us filed as single  females? 

We seem disproportionately represented in these forums and  such. 

wondering if our pussies are now also our wallets. 

Verify my identity with

I know I did! ☹️

Verify my identity with

I think it is really sad that tax paying people like us can't find a easier way to verify our identity so we can receive our refunds and stimulus checks but, at the same time millions of deceased people are receiving there stimulus check. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Verify my identity with

You can use the following link to determine if you can contact an IRS agent.  They just recently started answering the phones again and you may be able to speak with someone.

IRS operations

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Verify my identity with

I did contact them and the agent told me I need my transcripts from 2015-2016. Unfortunately when I tried to contact the transcripts department they had no staff to answer calls and I needed them to mail me my transcripts. Then I can contact the agent to verify my identity. Nice big loop. 

Verify my identity with

Exactly! 

& not only that! - but the homeless, drug addicts, unemployed, &/or lazy people that haven’t worked or paid taxes in "who-knows-how-many" years!

They also got their checks already... while we hardworking tax payers are still waiting on ours.

🙄

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies