turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Verify my identity with

Stop giving false information tax advocates is not open at all u leave a messages and hope they get back with they are not open to the public or calls

Verify my identity with

Hello...i apologize for having to contact you again. So I have not yet been able to verify my identity with the IRS due to the COVID19 shutdown. With that said, I asked you if this would affect me recieving my Stimulus Check. Your response said..."To answer your question this will NOT stop you from recieving your Stimulus Check." Well, im writing to you again because due to me not filing taxes in 2018 and filing taxes in 2019 and not tet being able to verify my identity with the IRS not only have i not yet received my federal tax check and i wont be able to get it until i will be able to verify my identity wuth the irs if and when that time comes but i CAN NOT receive my Stimulus Check and i WILL NOT GET IT until my identity is verified. I am a single mother struggling just like several people are right now! Please if there is any type of a solution that the IRS has cane up with for us people that recieved a letter from the irs to verify our identity and cant right now due to the COVID19 shutdown will you please telk me what to do!!! I can not pay my bills support me or my son I need my tax money i worked hard for and i need the stimulus check that is being given to qualify people. Please if anyone has a solution im asking kindky for your help! Thank you!! 

Verify my identity with

I’ve thought about paying for a low deposit secured credit card just to attempt to verify my identity online. 

Verify my identity with

Filed on February 16th

Feb25th- IRS WMR tool says “processing TaxTopic 152”

March 15- I received 5071C letter requesting me to “confirm identity”. FYI: ID verification line off due to IRS not accepting calls SO had to go create acct with IRS To complete process online. This requires many documents and a request code to confirm identity. I did this same day I received my letter and they mailed it….took half a month to get code.

April 13- Got code In mail to confirm identity. (Took a month to get) Online, I completed the ID verification process. (Says it will take up to 9 weeks to process taxes & I can check refund status in 2-3 weeks)

April 27th- Still waiting on my refund status to change on “Where’s My Refund” tool. It displays the same thing it did before I confirmed identity. “Processing Tax Topic 152

Verify my identity with

You need to complete Id verification line. I’m a single mom and in the same boat. Go online to ID verification (website on letter they sent you). Go to IRS Identity verification tool. Make acct with IRS website asap bc they will send ID confirmation code in mail and it takes a min to get. So I:

Filed on February 16th

Feb25th- IRS WMR tool says “processing TaxTopic 152”

March 15- I received 5071C letter requesting me to “confirm identity”. FYI: ID verification line off due to IRS not accepting calls SO had to go create acct with IRS To complete process online. This requires many documents and a request code to confirm identity. I did this same day I received my letter and they mailed it….took half a month to get code.

April 13- Got code In mail to confirm identity. (Took a month to get) Online, I completed the ID verification process. (Says it will take up to 9 weeks to process taxes & I can check refund status in 2-3 weeks)

April 27th- Still waiting on my refund status to change on “Where’s My Refund” tool. It displays the same thing it did before I confirmed identity. “Processing Tax Topic 152

Verify my identity with

I'm going through the exact same thing where I can't prove my identity to people that are not currently in the office. I also don't understand why you can only do it online if you have a mortgage, credit card or other ridiculous ways that alot of common ppl don't have. I've even looked for someone to email but that's hopeless 😔. It's like they don't care at all about the ppl who like me had appts( my appt April7,2020) but they closed. I was told on the day they were closing by s IRS rep that due to the shut down,his Mngr said that a field agent would get in touch with me... Never happened!!! There has to be someone out their to help us.. Also as for tax advocates they refer us too,their closed as well. 

Verify my identity with

We need to start a forum against Identity Verification Process with IRS.... Then maybe someone will start listening to us....

Verify my identity with

The irs has opened up parts of its organization with a focus on people who need to verify their taxes to complete the tax process 

Verify my identity with

Hi Apwhite27 , I saw where you said the IRS opened up an area where ppl who need to verify identity. Can you please send me a link to this,or tell me where to find this area? Thanks

Verify my identity with

@Apwhite27  What number? I ask bc They give a specific number to confirm identity on letter they send. I just called it to check on mine and phone lines still not open. Been down for a month. Called after I saw your post but says department still closed. 

Verify my identity with

@Dandyl4 
They give a specific number to confirm identity on letter they send. I just called it to check on mine and phone lines still not open. Been down for a month.

Verify my identity with

@Apwhite27 Yea that is almost worth it for how hard it is if your phone and stuff isn’t in our name. I was like that and it was a pain. 

Verify my identity with

Type in “irs workers” or some about it in google it’s every where in the news section. CNN all of em. 

Verify my identity with

It’s supposed to be the same number. They’re not completely done with the process of completely opening back up. The articles saying that some went back to work with money incentives and their main focus was to get people who need tax verification done. 

Verify my identity with

Thank you for responding! I really appreciate it! I have read so many different articles and different updates on what's been going on its crazy. The one thing that i have read many different times is that yes IRS employees are slowly but surely going back to work but at they are obviously so behind that its going to take them a very long time to catch up. With that said, the IRS said do not plan on being able to get in touch with anyone by phone for still a long time and as of right now the only option they are giving people that have to verify their identity is to go to the IRS website and do it there. Obviously i have tried doing that and it still hasnt worked so i still have absolutely not one answer or solution to my situation and im still unable to not only recieve my federal tax check I can not receive my Stimulus Check that most people have already received. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies