Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Using CD versions* To View Past Returns

Hi,

(Using Windows/CD versions)

I need to view my past returns.

A few months ago I could view my past return by double-clicking each application file and they opened without problems.

Just now when I double clicked 2020's(.tax2020), it asks me for "License Code".  When I did the same for (.tax 2019), it's asking to "update Turbotax".

Why are they doing this?

If I enter 2020 Turbotax license code, will all data be disappear?

Can I update .tax2019 without data being gone?

Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support and request to speak to a tech support agent who can assist with this issue. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Expert Michelle,

I just called the team and the machine answers, the machine does not understand what I am trying to get help for and just told me to get a paper copy from IRS or TT team, which will cost.   

I need to talk to someone on this.

Also,

I am almost complete with my return for this year with TT CD.

Then it is saying ERROR! on Form 1116 Comp Worksheet, and says "(Not Done)", showing the Foreign Tax Credit Carryover Total Amount in RED, although the total amount is looking correct.

TT explains, "Total Incoming C/O has a value.  This will require Form 1116, Schedule B which will be available in a future update."

WHY?  I have both forms already.

During Jan-Feb, it'd been showing error on 1116 and I was waiting for update, and now this...

When is that UPDATE be ready?? I want to file within a couple of days to like 10 days.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

For your software questions for 2019 and 2020, please see this help article: TurboTax 2019 and TurboTax 2020 requests license activation at every launch

You can also view the below help articles for more information on the system requesting a license code.

As far as your Form 1116 Sch B, Foreign Tax Carryover Reconciliation Schedule, this form is scheduled to be released on March 11, 2022.  You can monitor the status of the form in the below TurboTax help article. If the form becomes available sooner than the currently published date, the article will be updated to reflect the new availability date.

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies