turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax closed my card, now I can't get my stimulus check?

My card is now saying it's deactivated, and when I can get into the website, it says they're sending me a new one. I never closed my account, or asked for a new card. When trying to call customer service, I can't even get through even to the automated system. I tried activating my card again and it said my account was closed and I should call the number. 

My stimulus check is on the account and I need that money more than ever right now. What is going on? Will I be able to access my money soon?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

76 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

If you no longer have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, don’t worry.

• If you have registered your card and know your login credentials, request a replacement card by signing in to your Turbo Visa Debit Card account using this link:  Report a Lost or Stolen Turbo Debit Card 

• If you don’t know your account login information, call 888-285-4169 for assistance. 

You will not be charged for a replacement card or check; standard fees will be waived or refunded to you. 

Due to unprecedented traffic they may experience some delays on the site or phone line. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we appreciate your patience.  

For additional questions, including how to receive a check, Turbo Visa Debit Card site: Turbo Card Stimulus Check.

Or, go directly to IRS: Economic Impact Payment Get My Payment Resource  to update your details.

@CAJwork

I HAVE THE CARD, but it was closed WITHOUT MY CONSENT. Now the website, app, and phone lines are down. I don't have the TIME to order a new card!! I want my money NOW, my wife and I are seriously struggling!!!

I had the tax fees taken out of my refund by turbo tax and the remaining put on a turbo card. I checked the IRS website a few minutes ago & it says they don't have enough info for my direct deposit. So I switched to American Express Serve prepaid card & entered the routing & account#'s on the IRS site. It would've been really nice if Turbo Tax would've been upfront without their customers & told us if you had fees paid from your refund your screwed your not getting your stimulus check on our Turbo Card. I can't get Turbo Card app nor website to work, I guess they went into hiding. 

I LITERALLY CAN'T SPECIFY A CHECK ANYWHERE

I DON'T WANT A NEW CARD

SEND ME A CHECK IMMEDIATELY

I'VE BEEN CALLING FOR A WEEK

jmackin
Returning Member

Hi, were you ever able to get this issue resolved? My account was suddenly closed last night without my knowledge and I'm unable to access my $$.

Hey I had to open a BBB report and someone contacted me. They are garbage. 

https://sanjose.app.bbb.org/complaint/view/779979/c/74p74u

So let me get this straight, y'all are going to randomly and suddenly close out people's accounts, not suspend, not put on hold, but CLOSE people's account without warning and without even A f******  notification? Even one as minor as a automated message. or especially by a representative? As we are more than deserving of in the effort to ensure your customers are not stripped of their only means of supporting their families & their current livelihoods during these tough times.??  & then have the **bleep**ing Audacity to go "off-grid" & provide no means for us to seek a resolution??

So this happened as well on my gf's behalf last week, & she was told there was nothing they could do and it was closed as a result a fraudulent activity to protect her? And that they could not send out checks for the balance and that any Monies may eventually be returned to the depositor. So let me see if I have this right, by fraudulent activity you could only be referring to the federal government of which deposits 1 set sum of money on the same day & same time each week, of which I promptly withdraw and deposit into my correct bank account for reasons of this exact nature.??? & then In an effort to protect me, & save me from POTENTIALLY fraudulent activity, you matter-of-factly took it upon yourselves to ACTUALLY  fraudulently CLOSE my account without notice, notification, suspension, or anything else of the like?? AND then proceed to Quite literally STEAL my money and then duck me & continue to remain unavailable..?   

Ohhh okay, the short-Staffed Corona virus excuse.?? Well fortunately for you people, I only need one individual to speak to. And I don't want to hear oh they're at home practicing "social distance". Well they weren't home just 2 nights ago when they pressed the "CLOSE ACCOUNT" or the "LETS PUT THIS SCHMUCKS LIFE ON HOLD" OR "F HIS RENT" Button shortly after my $$ was deposited... & if they were, then they certainly should avail themselves For Those whom which they are seemingly so eager to supposedly protect.???

This is Bull**bleep**. ? And best case scenario it teeters on blatantly unethical & morally reprehensible if not downright illegal. & im assuming your company is making a killing from people being funneled your way by means of necessity as a result of taxes/Stimulus/unemployment forcing them to do so. & ESPECIALLY with that 2nd round of stimulus checks of which the majority may be forced to use a debit card along the lines of yours . Wouldnt it be quite the shame if some combination of the BBB, OCC, FTC, & IRS Deem your company/bank unfit & inelgible for inclusion onto that list of potential options as a result of you stealing/witholding Americans hard earned dollars...??   WEELPP... LETS FIND OUT SHALL WE..!!??

Green Dot did identify an issue that impacted some accounts. Any affected accounts should now be open and accessible. If you are still experiencing issues you will need to reach out to Green Dot directly at 1-866-795-7597

& Just so theres no discrepancy here with communications. My Email is [email address removed]

I'd imagine it'd be beneficial for all parties if I were to hear back from you guys prior to be hearing back from those guys. Just sayin.

Mine too !!! I can’t find anyone to talk to or email about his !! I was trying to buy lunch today and had to leave it because my card declined 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

As this is a public forum, we cannot assist you regarding your personal account.

I recommend logging into your account using the link below as there may be more options available to you.

Please see the following link for more information, including how to contact customer service, should you need additional assistance.

Info from TurboTax for Debit Card

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What's the process if they close your account what I still receive my economic check

Your banking information cannot be changed after your tax return has been filed and accepted.

Banking information does not go from TT to the IRS until you file your 2020 tax return and it is accepted.  You enter/change banking information in the FILE section before you file your 2020 return. Changing it on the TurboTax site does not do any good until you file your return.  If they manage to send out stimulus checks before you can change your information, we hope the IRS provides a way for you to change it with the IRS.  If your check goes to a wrong or closed account, it will be sent back to the IRS and then the IRS will mail a check to the address on your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What ever happened with this situation? I have the same thing happening and cant get ahold of anyone

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies