Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax wont let me change my option form direct deposit that I initially thought that I wanted. Why?

I want to change my option to get a paper check as my refund isn't very much.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JoannaT

Turbo Tax wont let me change my option form direct deposit that I initially thought that I wanted. Why?

If you have any TurboTax fees pending for payment then the paper check option won't be available. If you pick to pay with your refund you need to change that to pay with credit or debit card.

Here's how to pay with credit/debit card:

1. Sign in to your online return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click File in the upper right corner and proceed to the Just one more step screen.
  3. On this screen, click the first Step Revisit link (next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund).
  4. Click View Payment Options on the next screen, and then select Pay with credit card on the screen after that.
  5. Complete payment by entering your credit or debit card information.
  6. Continue to the Just one more step screen to make sure the Refund Processing Service has been removed. Step 1 should now show that you paid with your credit or debit card.

After your TurboTax fees are paid you may proceed to the second step in which you may choose how to receive your refund, simply select the option that states "To a paper check".

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MariaC

Did you choose to have your fees taken out of your refund?
JoannaT

If you have any TurboTax fees pending for payment then the paper check option won't be available. If you pick to pay with your refund you need to change that to pay with credit or debit card.

Here's how to pay with credit/debit card:

1. Sign in to your online return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click File in the upper right corner and proceed to the Just one more step screen.
  3. On this screen, click the first Step Revisit link (next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund).
  4. Click View Payment Options on the next screen, and then select Pay with credit card on the screen after that.
  5. Complete payment by entering your credit or debit card information.
  6. Continue to the Just one more step screen to make sure the Refund Processing Service has been removed. Step 1 should now show that you paid with your credit or debit card.

After your TurboTax fees are paid you may proceed to the second step in which you may choose how to receive your refund, simply select the option that states "To a paper check".

NOT HELFUL

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Use this link to start a new thread.  @gglong66

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why did you not even answer the question? How do I amend last years return and change the method of payment? Iv looked everywhere, please give a short simple answer. What you have done here is answer a question that was never asked, nobody here is asking about how to pay TT fees, were asking how to change the way we receive our returns.

First of all This is a new forum layout. Some posts that have June 2019 dates are really older posts from the old forum that got moved over. So they might be for prior years and not current info. When they migrated over the dates got changed to June 2019. And the screen shots got deleted. 

Then for amended returns.  They only mail checks for amended returns, no Direct Deposit.  If you have a tax due you mail a check or pay the IRS directly online.

How to Amend all years

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies