turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The Turbotax Amend software is not working. I can't download it and the screen says they can't find the IP address or something. What can I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

The Turbotax Amend software is not working. I can't download it and the screen says they can't find the IP address or something. What can I do?

The software to amend your 2019 tax return will not be available until Feb 3, 2020. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

18 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

The software to amend your 2019 tax return will not be available until Feb 3, 2020. 

Star_Luna

It is February 3, 2020 and the 2019 Amendment Software is STILL not available.

@Star_Luna wrote:

It is February 3, 2020 and the 2019 Amendment Software is STILL not available.

The Form 1040X, for amending a federal tax return will not be available until 02/12/2020

It is February 3, 2020 at 11:25PM EST and the download amendment software is STILL not working. Do ypu have another anticipated date it will work?

It is Feb. 4 a,I still says the same thing the IP address can not be found 

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

You will be able to amend as soon as Form 1040X becomes available.  At this time the expected date of availability for the form 1040X is

02/12/2020 , however that date is subject to change.  You can track it's availability by going to the following link.

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Shariroxx
Returning Member

The 1040-x form that was rev. January 2020 has been released by the irs but tge amend software is still not available. Please help.. Im stressing

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

As stated above by DonnaLO, the date of availability is subject to change. Unfortunately, TurboTax does not have any control over the date. 

You can track its availability by going to the following link:

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

huntken01

I checked the link to see when the amendment software would be available and it said on 2/26/20 for print, but e-file said unsupported. Does that mean i will only be able to print the form off and fill it out? will i still be able to amend my taxes using turbo tax?

@huntken01 wrote:

I checked the link to see when the amendment software would be available and it said on 2/26/20 for print, but e-file said unsupported. Does that mean i will only be able to print the form off and fill it out? will i still be able to amend my taxes using turbo tax?

An amended tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

elliotsur

Is 02/15/2019 and still not available.

@elliotsur wrote:

Is 02/15/2019 and still not available.

The 2019 Form 1040X for a federal amended tax return is estimated to be available on 02/26/2020

An amended tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

On the Tax Home web page when the Form 1040X for amending a 2019 tax return becomes available there will be a link - Amend (change) return

Extremely disappointed with Turbo this year! I would not have to complete a 1040X if Turbo had done the job right the first time.  Spent many hours over the phone with Turbo. Thank goodness one of Turbo's CPA experts steered me in the right direction. Now the waiting game.

YeseniaCV

TurboTax calculated my 2017 State tax return wrong.

I get a letter from SC tax telling me I have to amend it.

I've been paying TaxAudit for years, so I contact them to help me.

They give me instructions to do an amendment on TurboTax by downloading TurboTax Amend software and my tax file for 2017.  It is now 18 November 2020, and their TurboTax Amend software is STILL NOT WORKING!!

Total waste of time and money.  Have downloaded the file and the software a few times and the file does not open, even though it says it is already on my computer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies