Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The irs app gave me date my refund is suppose to be sent and that day has passed but the app still doesn’t show payment sent, is something wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

63 Replies

The irs app gave me date my refund is suppose to be sent and that day has passed but the app still doesn’t show payment sent, is something wrong?

It could be that the app hasn't updated to reflect the current status.

• Try to search your status using the online website instead of the app and see if you get more information. Click here: Where's My Refund?
  • You can check the status of your refund in English or Spanish by calling the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954.
  • You can contact your bank to see if there are any pending deposits. 

Note: An IRS representatives can research the status of your refund if your return was accepted (received) more than 21 calendar days ago. Call them at 1-800-829-1040, but prepare for potentially long wait times.

See TurboTax FAQ for more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5340655

Horizon11
Returning Member

I’m having this problem now did you end up receiving your refund? And did the status bar on wmr even change to sent?

@Horizon11 wrote:

I’m having this problem now did you end up receiving your refund? And did the status bar on wmr even change to sent?

Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Did you ever get yours? I'm having the same problem, my refund tracker says the irs has approved my return and it will be sent to my bank on for before 2/26/2020 but the sent bar is still empty and I have no refund deposit in my account. I'm starting to worry because never in all these years have I not gotten my return the morning of the date I was given, everything is the same, my bank info is the same, my filing status, my dependents, no changes. It seems like more and more people have problems as the years pass. I  filed 1/30, accepted within 15 minutes. I NEVER wait this long or have hold ups. I see you commented on the 11th, when did you finally get yours? If you've even gotten it yet. 

Volnetwork
Returning Member

Mine says it was sent but it's not pending yet in my account 

Same here. Mine says it is to be deposited today (02/26/2020) and it isn't in my bank account. My girlfriend is having the same exact issue as well, and so is my ex-wife. It's clearly not just us, it's many others with dependents as well. Hoping it processes tonight or by the end of business hours today. Fingers crossed right. I too have never NOT had it in my bank the day the IRS website gave me. 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

For more detailed information concerning your refund, you can reach out to the IRS if it's been more than 21 days since your return was accepted. Here's how to reach someone: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did you ever recieve your return?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@kgrisham2014

It is possible your refund was offset. For more information you can visit the websites below.

Treasury Offset Program & Debt Management Services https://www.treasury.gov/services/report-fwa/Pages/treasury_offset_program.aspx

Please contact the IRS Treasury Offset Department at 1800-304-3107.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I’m having the same problem as well I’ve called the [phone number removed] and I don’t have any offsets so I don’t understand what’s going on this has never happened before. Has anyone received their refund yet?

Same here. Haven't received yet. WMR still on approved. No pending deposits either. 

Same!!!! So frustrating I’ve never had this happen I’m supposed to close on my house Friday so I was really counting on this refund. The app and website says should be sent by the 26th. But still says approved not sent. Glad to know I’m not alone. My sister received hers this morning at midnight 

mine says the same thing as yours, still nothing. But my sister received hers at midnight. 

Any updates? I’m having this same issue 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies