turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Emcdancer13
Returning Member

Temp card not working

I made my account and HAVE the temp card info but anywhere online where I try to use it wont let me. I tried calling the number the lady was helpless and kept saying I can use my card online. No I cant it keeps saying my card isnt accepted. I have tried purchasing from Walmart, Amazon, target, paypal, western union, nothing leys me isnit!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Temp card not working

Same, I can't wait until they open those phone lines.

Temp card not working

So apparently, there is a system wide outage. They don't have an estimated time frame for resolution. They said its only affecting the temp card (how convenient) but many people on the facebook page said its also the physical card too. I feel like TurboTax falsely advertised us because we don't have immediate access to our funds. Not being able to use the advance defeats the whole purpose of getting it, and we could have chosen to file with another company for an advance or cheaper fees. No one can give an actual answer for what's going on and the debit card's customer service sucks. They just read the same script over and over. They don't answer any questions outside of what the script can provide. This is BEYOND frustrating. I'm sure there will be another class action lawsuit soon. I'm definitely disappointed in the way we all are being treated. None of us are looking for more than we were promised & its ridiculous they can't fulfill the commitment they made to us. Oh but they advised their technicians are working hard to resolve the issue. An issues that's been going on for at least 18 hours. Sounds like they're hardly working to me or they need new engineers because the one's they have are incompetent. Either way, I'm taking my business else where next year and letting anyone who will listen know about my experience.

Senfire

Temp card not working

I received mine this morning and everything I have tried to use it for has been declined. Didn't really come with any instructions. Do I use it like a gift card, what name is listed on it? Is it just my first and last name or is my middle included? Sat on the phone for 21 minutes, young lady was as clueless as I am. 

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Temp card not working

If you created a Turbo Visa Debit Card online account and have funds available but you’re unable to use your temporary card number for online purchases, call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

If you received a Refund Advance last year, you’ll need to create a new account to see your Refund Advance funds for this year. You won’t see the funds if you log in with the account you made last year.

Here is more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-temporary-card/00/27511

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Senfire

Temp card not working

I did create an account online, I do have funds available and I did reach out sat on hold 21 minutes young lady said that not all vendors accept temporary cards. Second agent said its an error on vendors side

Senfire

Temp card not working

And I just talked to the vendor, they said the error. Which they have never seen before says. "No issuer found"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies