Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Taxes

Hello, I was wondering if my taxes have or have not been filed through TurboTax because I finished them and it sent me a confirmation number. I tried to track my return on the IRS website and they said that it hasn't been filed yet so I was just wondering what exactly is the status of my taxes? My name is Jessica W, I filed married filing separately, my amount was supposed to be $4,556. The confirmation number is [PII removed]. My email is [email address removed] thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Taxes

Were you using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions installed on your personal computer or were you using the TurboTax online web-based editions?

If the desktop CD/Download editions, you had to complete the File section of the program and on the screen to e-file your tax return you must press the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

In the upper left of the desktop program screen, click on the File menu and then on Electronic Filing.  Select Check Electronic Filing Status.

If the TurboTax online web-based editions -

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Taxes

Thank you for your reply! I filed via e-file and thought I had hot the big orange button. It would appear when I logged back into my online account it stated it needed more infor from me. It's asking for my AGI and I only received my W-2 from the previous year, where on my W-2 would I find it?

Taxes

Also if it's worth noting, the only email I have received from TurboTax is an order confirmation number? This is the confirmation number TTWCD176864249

Taxes

@ Jcatcarmel wrote:

Thank you for your reply! I filed via e-file and thought I had hot the big orange button. It would appear when I logged back into my online account it stated it needed more infor from me. It's asking for my AGI and I only received my W-2 from the previous year, where on my W-2 would I find it?

How did you prepare the 2020 return?  Please confirm if you used Online TurboTax (web version) or desktop software (CD/download) for your 2020 return.

Are you referring to the 2019 AGI that people use to verify the efiling prior to transmission?   That is not on a W-2.   The 2019 AGI is on one's 2019 return, on the 2019 Form 1040, Line 8b.

Did you file a return for 2019?   If so, did you file it during normal tax filing season last year, or did you file it after October 2020?     If you filed a 2019 return after October 2020, you would use a 2019 AGI of 0 for efiling purposes when filing your 2020 return.   Also, if you did not file a 2019 return at all, you would use a 2019 AGI of 0.

If you filed a 2019 return, do you have a copy of it to get the 2019 AGI?   Did you use Online TurboTax last year?    If you used Online TurboTax for a 2019 return, if you are in the same account, it should be at the Tax Home when you scroll down to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" and expand that section.    If you can't find a 2019 return that was prepared in Online TurboTax, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies