Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long does it take for mailed check to come in the mail after IRS has sent it

Did you receive your stimulus check my check was mailed on the 1st when will I receive it

How long does it take for mailed check to come in the mail after IRS has sent it

My Stimulus check was directly deposited into my OLD account on the 15th of April. The bank sent the check back and I had to wait until IRS received it. Once IRS receives the check back then they will send it to the address they have “ON FILE”. They only way to fix this address is to have made the change prior to them trying to deposit/send check originally the first time.

On my payment it says my check was mailed out on may 4th but I still haven't got it yet so I don't know what to do now from this point to find out where my check is 

Hi there I'm Jason and it says my check was scheduled to be mailed out on may 4th but it still hasn't arrived yet and I would like to know why so feel free to email me at [email address removed] thanks!

DawnC
Expert Alumni

The check will be mailed to the address on file with the IRS - the address on your most recently filed tax return.   Is your address current?  Things are a bit slow with all of the shut downs around the country, but if you have a date from the website, just keep checking your mailbox.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DawnC
Expert Alumni

The check will be mailed to the address on file with the IRS - the address on your most recently filed tax return.   Is your address current?  Things are a bit slow with all of the shutdowns around the country, but if you have a date from the website, just keep checking your mailbox.  

@Jayjay696942069

It said that my check was mailed out on May 8,and I have gotten no kind of letter saying,or telling me nothing about my 1,200 check?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Unfortunately, we have no way of letting you know how long it would take the check to receive you via mail.  There are so many factors involved like when was the check actually mailed out and how long it typically takes for the mail to be processed and delivered in your area.

Are you sure that the IRS has your correct address? If you filed taxes previously they will send you check to the address you used last time you filed. If it’s been awhile since you filed or never have filed you would’ve had to complete the Non Filer form that you included your current address on that form where they would send the check to. If you know for sure that they have your updated address and it’s been 10 days already I would wonder where it was too. 

When did your check come? Mine was supposedly mailed out on 25th September and it’s 2st October I haven’t received it yet. 

? The IRS.gov payment status it says mailed Jan 6th and today is the 13 and I haven't received it I wanted to ask how long it takes to receive

AmyC
Expert Alumni

The IRS allows 2 weeks for the post office to deliver W2 forms. There is no legislation regarding the stimulus.

If you have not received it by the time you file your taxes, you can claim it as a Recovery Rebate. The IRS does not begin accepting returns until January 25, Please don't file before you have given the mail sufficient time.

If you do qualify and have not received it by the time you do your taxes, on or after January 25, you can add it to your refund.  After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, stimulus will be the first question.

If you are trying to trigger it: 

1. go to Other Situations
  2. click Done. 
  3. The next question will ask about payments received.

The program will determine the missing amount and add the Recovery Rebate to your refund.

@Queteimporta77

If I filed by mail but I set up direct deposit, how long will it take to get my refund?

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@Mackcumm The IRS is taking longer than usual to process paper tax returns. They are processing them in the order they are received and ask that you wait at least 4 weeks after you mail your return before looking up your refund at Where's My Refund? site. Once your return shows accepted on the IRS site, you are on the IRS payment timetable. Only the IRS knows the status of processing your tax return, whether you owe taxes or are due a refund. In prior years, the IRS issued more than 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days last year. The same results are expected for 2021.

Please see the links below for more information:

Miwi1108

Santa Barbara tax group does in fact issue checks I’m waiting on mine now my greendot card rejected it and sent it back to sbtg and they sent me a check yesterday. So yes they do 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies