turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tax return was electronically filed, and accepted, on March 21, 2020 with a refund due. Frequent Where is my Refund to the IRS website says "still being processed".

tax return was electronically filed, and accepted, on March 21, 2020, with a refund due.  Not received, and frequent inquiries to IRS "Where's my refund" says "still being processed" ?? What can be done?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

tax return was electronically filed, and accepted, on March 21, 2020 with a refund due. Frequent Where is my Refund to the IRS website says "still being processed".

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing this same issue, I have read on other forums here is what i found " Apparently if you use a tax preparer and have them take the cost out of the refund, it is considered a preparer refund and the money is sent to TurboTax. (Just got off the phone with the IRS). Now we need to contact TurboTax to find out why they still have our money. The IRS person said this is not the first phone call they have had from people about TurboTax with this issue." 

@Anonymous wrote:

I am experiencing this same issue, I have read on other forums here is what i found " Apparently if you use a tax preparer and have them take the cost out of the refund, it is considered a preparer refund and the money is sent to TurboTax. (Just got off the phone with the IRS). Now we need to contact TurboTax to find out why they still have our money. The IRS person said this is not the first phone call they have had from people about TurboTax with this issue." 

TurboTax does not receive any type of tax refund, federal or state.

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

If the federal tax refund cannot be direct deposited it is sent back to the IRS.  The IRS will then send the tax refund as a check in the mail to the address on the tax return.

DoninGA's reply, and suggested process, was right on!  After being directed to a representative, still remained on hold for 40 minutes, but did get to an agent, who looked it up.  However, no resolution as related it had been sent to "ERRS" department.  Suspected something was missing?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies