Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nancyhappy12
Returning Member

TAX HELP! REJECTED CA Reject Code F540-670

HELP! My California state taxes were rejected due to this error code: Reject Code F540-670

and the message stated the following : There is an error on Form 540, Line 71 (CA Withholding). Line 71 must equal the total amounts withheld on all W-2, W-2G, 1099-R forms and Other Withholding Amounts where: On Form W-2 'CA' is present in Line 15. Withholding Amount Checked: Line 17. On Form W-2G 'CA' is present in Line 13. Withholding Amount Checked: Line 15. On Form 1099-R 'CA' is present in Line 13. Withholding Amount Checked: Line 12. Exception: The Filing Status is equal to Married/RDP Filing Separately.

When I log back into turbo tax, it doesn't take me to where I need to go to fix the issue. I'm not even sure how to fix it. Can someone please help?!  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Here is information on how to correct a rejected return. 

How do I fix a rejected return? - TurboTax 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bc63
Returning Member

I'm getting the same error as the OP.  The response from AkinaLO doesn't seem to make sense, as the question is how to fix that error, not how to deal with having multiple accounts. 

TurboTax does not appear to know how to fix the error, either, as it just says "double check everything and then refile"... i.e. not much help.

My specific question:  My form 540, line 71 exactly matches what the CA FTB's website lists as my 2020 withholdings, so how and why am I getting that rejection message?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

According to a reply by LeonardS "This reject code F540-670 indicates a discrepancy between the withholdings that you are reporting and what has been reported to California. This is usually due to a manual entry made in the CA state return section." 

Please contact TurboTax support through the link provided below for more help with this error.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@bc63

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies