turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kdkastner
Returning Member

Stimulus calculation not correct

I am filing for my deceased Mother for 2020 (AGI 16000).  She received the first stimulus check of 1200, but did not receive the second.  In Turbotax it says her eligibility  for the 1st round was 1200 and the second round was 1800.  There are no dependents.  Asked if that is what was received - I said no only got 1200 for first and 0 for second.  It gave a credit of 1800.  The second stimulus was 600.  What does it say 1800? I have installed all updates.  I am not using the online version I have it installed on my PC.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

You have $1,800  on 1040 line 30?   Maybe you answered it the wrong way.   I got the 600 on my father's return.   

I'm sure you didn't claim any dependents on his return?  And you didn't do him as Married Joint?

Try going back through the stimulus section.  

After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, it will be the first question.

If you are trying to trigger it, you can go to Other Situations, answer any questions and click Done. The next automatic selection is Federal Review and it will ask about payments received.

kdkastner
Returning Member

yes 1800 is on line 30.  No dependents.  Turbo tax created the 1800 amount for the second stimulus.  Filing status is single.  I still do not know why it says 1800.

@kdkastner wrote:

yes 1800 is on line 30.  No dependents.  Turbo tax created the 1800 amount for the second stimulus.  Filing status is single.  I still do not know why it says 1800.

The $1,800 is shown because you must have indicated that you did not receive either first or second stimulus payments.  The first payment was $1,200 and the second payment was $600.

kdkastner
Returning Member

I looked at the forms view and for some reason  under the recov rebate cr work sheet line 9 has 1200.  There are no dependents listed in her personnel info and it lists no dependents on the tax form.  I changed this line to 0 and it calculated correctly.  I do not know how the 1200 got on that line, but it is ok now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies