Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

wij
Level 2

Status still Pending

@dper4110 

I filed Sun 2/14 and have been "Pending" both federal and state (Mass) for over 7 days.

Never received any email from Intuit indicating anything has been sent.

Never received any email from Intuit indicating anything has been received by IRS. 

Even that crumb of information would be welcome. I'm not even asking to hear back about rejected or accepted!

Customer service offers conflicting and untrustworthy commentary, with no clear explanation of whether anything has moved from Intuit servers to IRS or not.

Have no idea how to proceed.

***UPDATE***

Sun 2/21 at 3pm: Got notification of federal filing Rejection. Issue was Form 1116 data entry. Fixed, re-filed, and got notification it was Accepted by IRS less than an hour later. State return Accepted by Massachusetts three hours after that.

Status still Pending

Update!  My return is now filed and accepted by the IRS!  About an hour or so ago, I received an e mail from Turbo Tax that my return was rejected and I needed to revisit the Foreign Tax credit section and then re run the review.  I did that, hit submit and within 5 minutes, I received notification that my return had been transmitted and about 30 minutes later an e mail saying my return was accepted by the IRS.  I am glad that this is finally completed for 2020 tax year!  Best of luck to all the rest of you who are in my similar situation.

Status still Pending

After 6 days of "Pending" received an email and text message that my return had been rejected. 

Like others, the Form 1116 (Foreign Tax) is tripping many of us up.  I have modified and re-submitted and TT says within 48 hours I should receive notification of acceptance/rejection.  

Time will tell.

Status still Pending

This time the return was rejected in under 10 minutes.  Re-submitted again, but I have my doubts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Status still Pending

Yes, I finally got the reject notice after contacting the Office of the President at Intuit (email address available at Intuit site).   Not sure if they helped or TurboTax finally got to the issue.  There was an issue with their entries on Foreign Tax Credit Form 1116.  All I had to do was re-enter the info and and re-file.  Crossing my fingers for success.  Thanks to all for your feedback and support.

Status still Pending

@dper4110 @When did you file?

Status still Pending

Feb 5.  Rejected today.  Refiled 10 minutes later.  Transmitted and accepted within one hour

Status still Pending

exact same for me...foreign tax credit...I refilled and have been accepted by IRS already...I have to believe that something was not current or correct with that part of the TT sw

Status still Pending

I feel it is the program error filing Form 1116. It may have been corrected on last update (?). My return was also rejected same reason, foreign tax credit/Form 1116. Not that every body made mistake with Form 1116. I got rejected also and have refiled and keeping my fingers crossed.

Status still Pending

Please give me a update. Filed 2/2 and my status is still pending! IRS site has not acknowledged having it!

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Status still Pending

@Nserafano The IRS did not officially begin processing returns until February 12th. Your return is currently being processed. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. There's no way of knowing exactly when the IRS will update as TurboTax does not have access to any information regarding your tax refund once it has been submitted to the IRS and state department. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Status still Pending

@EbonyL122824 

There CLEARLY are some bugs and issues with TT as so many have had issues. For example, the most current issues being revealed here with the form 1116. Taxpayers are resubmitting their returns without making any changes whatsoever and are being accepted now. But it took TT making some fixes on their end, obviously. At this point it would be more useful to us all if we were given factual up-to-date information and responses instead of scripted replies about how the process works. Obviously the process has some issues on the software side of it all and it seems that TT should have caught such a glitch or issue when the final reviews and checks were done. But here we all are.. most of us, early filers.. stuck in pending purgatory. I feel certain no one here wants to be insulted anymore with scripted replies that provide zero assistance whatsoever. What most of us need is some actual review and assistance of what’s going on and advice as to how to move things along. There’s no reason for people to be encouraged to file early if early filers are penalized by being “stuck” on pending for so long. It’s been 10 days!? And I think all anyone here wants is a little help and assistance. Something TT has not been kind enough to do as so many of us have been left waiting without true help. 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Status still Pending

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number hereIf you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Status still Pending

@KatrinaLO  You realize most of us have called numerous times and gotten nothing but the same scripted replies, right ? 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️
Since you’re here tho, maybe you can explain what happened with the email that GabiU said we would all receive no later than 10 PM/PT 2/19. No one received that. We were told we would be given resolution or an acceptance or rejection. We received nothing.. as usual. Would you care to offer an explanation to that? 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Status still Pending

@Teek21 Community is a public forum where both TurboTax Customers, Expert Users known as Champions, and TurboTax Experts can interchange ideas on TurboTax Products and all tax-related issues.  TurboTax Experts in Community do not have access to anyone's individual account, nor to work on TurboTax coding. 

But we are interested in solutions, and this year, with the vast array of last-minute changes to tax law that has necessitated an extensive last-minute change to tax programming, it has been a greater challenge than usual.  We do appreciate feedback and comprehend that our customers want solutions.  We do, too.  Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies