Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Status still Pending

I checked this morning and still only have one bar on the IRS website. 

Status still Pending

It doesn't make sense. The last 8 years, my returns would never go into pending status and they were promptly accepted within 24 hours with similar refund amounts. I submitted on Feb 10 via TurboTax, and my IRS account shows no trace of the submission (one week later). If it remains pending indefinitely, I'll get slapped with penalties for not submitting.

Let's say the IRS is pulling the returns from Intuit, rather than Intuit submitting them to the IRS. It's possible that they're not pulling all returns (say, randomly selecting), and they might not be updating/acknowledging some returns they pulled (or doing anything with them). It's also possible that Intuit is not allowing the IRS to pull all returns (perhaps not exposing them or filtering them from selection in some way).

It would be nice if someone could track what the problem is from the backend. Maybe get a supervisor and have them review.

Status still Pending

At this point it is safe to assume those of us who filed early, something happened to our electronic files and they are working behind the scenes to  fix the issue. 

My lesson learned here is NEVER again will I file early as this is the first time I've done this and now have this issue. Then again, fool me once shame on me, fool me twice.....

So maybe I will just migrate over to HR Block next year. The beauty about this is I purchased me turbo tax at Costco and will be going there tomorrow to ask for a complete refund which Costco is great about doing even if I used the product. 

Status still Pending

Did your state return get accepted or still stuck in "pending". My fed was accepted on 2/11/21 per email received but my state is forever stuck in pending status. Meanwhile my good friend submitted via Turbotax on 2/15/21 and both his returns were accepted that same day. He has received both stimulus checks as well so that can't be the issue as to why his returns were accepted but mine wasn't. It basically comes down to people who e-filed too early are stuck in pending status while everyone that I've seen who filed after it opened received comfirmation their returns were accepted. 

Status still Pending

After reading quite a few of the complaints in this thread, I think you are on to something about returns filed before 2/12. As for my story, I filed right on 2/12, late morning, and got a message that they were not yet open for accepting returns yet. I kept trying every couple of hours and they finally reported that I had submitted them at about 3:41 pm. Then I went into "Pending" status and have never emerged from there. (Perhaps they should call it "Purgatory"!:).  

This makes me suspect a possible explanation they should look into. What if, to handle customers that wanted to file returns before 2/12, they moved those returns to special temporary servers, while waiting for IRS to open up. There could then be an issue with IRS not pulling from just those "Temporary Pending IRS Opening" servers. 

Status still Pending

What I don't get is why there are so many issues. I filed on Jan 28th and both my returns were accepted Feb 11.  My return is pretty simple but I don't get why some people or even people who filed are still waiting to be accepted. It doesn't make any sense. 

Status still Pending

In case you want some more updates, I'd look here too:

Here's the Twitter account for TurboTax: https://twitter.com/turbotax

Here's the Twitter account for IRS: https://twitter.com/IRSnews

I would have expected them to provide some status update around any processing irregularities, especially if so many of us seem to be stuck in pending status.

Ironically, the IRS twitter account today says, "File electronically to avoid processing delays".

Status still Pending

My state is pending. It is my understanding that it cannot be accepted or usually isn’t until the federal return is accepted and approved. I have earned confine credit and addition child tax credit and everything I’ve read said that that alone is legally delayed from being processed until mid February. So unless there is an issue with the ones that filed prior to the opening date of 2/12 or the backlog is as bad as they say.. something else has to be holding things up for a lot of people here. 

Status still Pending

My federal was accepted on 2/11/21 per email notification I received, state should be accepted 24-48 hours after but I'm approaching 7 days now with no end in sight. Times before they were accepted almost simultaneously. 

My tax return was simple this year no additional credits such as yourself, something seems strange for those of us who filed early. I hope we get answers.

Status still Pending

My federal return was filed 1/24 and finally showed up on the IRS tracker tool this morning as processing. I haven’t received neither stimulus check and had to claim them both on my return. Hopefully the processing doesn’t take long. Will try to keep everyone updated

Status still Pending

Thank you!

Tomek1
Returning Member

Status still Pending

I did send email to Mark Notarainni with intuit asking for help with determining what happened with e-filed return pending for 6 days. I will post here if I receive any response. So far nothing.

Status still Pending

That's not true mine is pending since 2/3 and I didn't receive the second stimulus and I filed my brother who also didn't get the stimulus and his was accepted with in 20 minutes . Mine is till pending

Status still Pending

I find there are more than 100 comments on this topic  "Status Pending" last couple of days. I am sure TurboTax is monitoring these comments. Is there any explanation or news from them? Not so far.  My conclusion is that they don't want you to know their mistake or unresolved computer problems.  If they are really want to retain their customers they would have come out and made a statement by now. 

Status still Pending

There is no statement for them to make ... once your return is put into the "holding pool" it is out of their hands.  Only the IRS has the ability to "drain" the pool and when/how they choose to do so is totally on them and the status will remain as Pending until they do something.  Once the federal has been accepted then the state info is passed thru to them and then they must accept or reject the return independently  of the IRS.  How long this will take is undetermined  however it seems to be that those who file early tend to have more issues then those who wait for the process to start.  No income tax program company is alerted as to what is happening or why ... not even the professional programs get notifications.  There is nothing you can do but check the IRS or state WMR? tool every couple of days for a status report understanding that  those tools are not always up to date or functional.   Trying too many times in a 24 hour period will lock you out so just try once a day since the system updates overnight and not every hour.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies