turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kathyleeha
Returning Member

State taxes

I paid an extra $10 after paying for the premium version for you to e-file my state taxes.  When I called the state they told me you never submitted the forms.  Can you tell me why when I was under the impression my taxes had been filed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

State taxes

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
kathyleeha
Returning Member

State taxes

I did not get an answer and I can get a hold of anyone online or by phone.  Very disappointed.

State taxes

@kathyleeha 

You need to log into your TTX account and check the status of that state tax file in the software itself.

Possibilities:

1) You didn't complete the e-file and need to do so now.

or

2) It was rejected for some reason, and you need to fix that and re-e-file.  The software's filing status would show it as being Rejected..

or

3)  Your status shows as "Printed" which means you chose to print it out and mail all the paperwork in yourself at the Post Office.   In this case, if you don't want to mail it in yourself, you can change it back to e-file and then e-file it now:  SEE:

How do I change from mail to e-file in TurboTax Online? (intuit.com)

Note: The Federal forms do need to have been e-filed and accepted by the IRS first if you plan to e-file the state. IF the Federal has not yet been e-filed, you can e-file them both at the same time.....but the IRS will still process first.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies