Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Since the bill was pass where they increased the amount per dependent will it automatically update on my return since i already e-filed my taxes before the bill passed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Since the bill was pass where they increased the amount per dependent will it automatically update on my return since i already e-filed my taxes before the bill passed?

Not sure what amount per dependent you think has increased.   There have not been any new tax law changes since the stimulus bill for the 2nd stimulus passed in December of 2020, giving people a 2nd stimulus amount of $600.

Congress has not passed any new tax changes since then.   If and when they do, we will find out about it and learn how it will be implemented.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Highly doubtful any new changes will apply to the 2020 return at all ... most likely it will be an advance of the 2021 credit but until they decide on anything and it is passed into law AND the IRS figures out how to implement the change we will have to wait and see.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies