Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Returns rejected, but display pending

My 2022 returns were rejected as I received emails. However, when I go into Turbotax desktop to correct them, they are showing as pending so they won't let me fix the issue.  Please help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

At some point in the near future, it will move to "Accepted" or "Rejected". 

If it is Rejected, go ahead and do what the email says to make corrections and resubmit the return. If you need help with a particular error, you can then contact support. 

When your e-filed return comes back as rejected, it just means that the IRS has sent your return back to you for correction. To fix your reject, sign back in to TurboTax and follow the instructions to correct the error. Please see the information in this TurboTax FAQ here for assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It has now been over 10 days since I received the email saying it was rejected, but the return is still showing pending.  When you say it'll switch over from pending in the "near future", how do you define near future?  Days? Weeks? Months?  Thank you for your help! 

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

We do not have an exact timeframe of when your return will switch from pending to rejected. If you would like to speak with someone, please feel free to contact Customer Support.

@jim o 

The IRS rejected my return close to a month ago.  When I go into Turbo Tax to fix the error, my returns are showing as "pending" so it doesn't allow me to fix the error.  I've spoken to at least 16 different TurboTax people over the last month on this and everyone is stumped.  Is there any type of technical expert I can get help from?  Please! 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you able to navigate back to the section that indicates what the issue is with your return?

Were you provided a rejection code in the emails or do you know what it is?  If so, please provide the code.  

Please post back with any additional information you can provide so that we can better assist you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The email indicates this is the issue and why it was rejected.  "FW2-502 - The name or EIN for an employer on your W-2 doesn't match IRS records".  I was able to fix it in the return, but I can't refile because the return has been in "pending" status for over 3 weeks and never changed to rejected.  The return did not indicate what needed to be fixed, only the email.  Can you please help?  

The IRS rejected my return yesterday saying the 2021 AGI or self select PIN doesn't match their records. I am unable resubmit as TurboTax is still showing the return as pending.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies