turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Return has been filed, postmark printed in pdf copy, but when checking EFILE status getting a msg that the return hasn't been filed yet.

Return has been filed more than a week ago, postmark printed in pdf copy, but when checking EFILE status getting a message that the return hasn't been filed yet.

When trying to efile again, on the last step getting a message :

"The submission is a duplicate of one that was previously received"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Return has been filed, postmark printed in pdf copy, but when checking EFILE status getting a msg that the return hasn't been filed yet.

Only one way to contact them.

Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time
Monday-Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

View solution in original post

@ttlongtimeuser wrote:

Thank You very much, will call them tomorrow...

Support won't be open on Saturday.   Current hours are Monday-Friday 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific.

Something you can check in the meantime:

Are you due a Federal refund?    If so, see if this IRS tool finds your return.  NOTE:  It is not always accurate, but if it finds it, then you know they received and accepted it.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If it doesn't find it, then you won't know anything more than you do right now.

Also you mentioned the Electronic Postmark form in your PDF.   You can also view it in Forms Mode when you select it from the list of forms in your return.

Does it only show "Date Submitted" but no acceptance date?

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Are you checking here?   For the Desktop program you have to check the filing status inside the program.  Open your return and go up to menu item

File > Electronic Filing > Check Electronic Filing Status

Yes, that is correct   FILE - > Check E-file Status

Then maybe you are not in the right return that you efiled.  See if you have any other files ending in .tax2020 on your computer.  Or go to File->Open.

I am sure I am in a correct return.   I tried to e-file again and then getting a message:  "The submission is

a duplicate of one that was previously received. Please contact customer support". 

Do you know Turbotax  technical Customer support phone number?

Only one way to contact them.

Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time
Monday-Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

@ttlongtimeuser wrote:

Support won't be open on Saturday.   Current hours are Monday-Friday 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific.

Something you can check in the meantime:

Are you due a Federal refund?    If so, see if this IRS tool finds your return.  NOTE:  It is not always accurate, but if it finds it, then you know they received and accepted it.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If it doesn't find it, then you won't know anything more than you do right now.

Also you mentioned the Electronic Postmark form in your PDF.   You can also view it in Forms Mode when you select it from the list of forms in your return.

Does it only show "Date Submitted" but no acceptance date?

Mesquitebean: Excellent idea. I check the "refund status" and it says: "We have received your tax return and it is being processed." Thank You.

VolvoGirl, thank You for Your time.  The original POSTMARK said - "Federal Return submitted: July 19, 2021 9:38PM PST"  but "Federal Return Acceptance Date:  empty"

I went to the return and tried to re-save the pdf copy with all worksheets/forms and the POSTMARK page wasn't there anymore.  Why?   FYI, I always save the submitted return immediately after e-filing. I am glad I did it..

riadassi
Returning Member

I have the same problem.

Not sure what's the solution.  I have made all the updtes, but this is clearly a bug in the software.

Any possible alternatives?

Thanks

@riadassi 

If you did not get either ACCEPTED or REJECTED promptly,

you have to call IRS to find out if your e-File SUBMISSION went through or not.

Unfortunately, due to chaos at IRS, even then they may not be able to give you accurate information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies