Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Reject code F8962-070

Turbo didn't ask my son about a 1095-A.  they automatically selected yes.  He does not have any insurance and it should have been selected as No.  We went back after the IRS rejected it and tried to select no, only to find out that it automatically goes back to yeas.  There is no way to delete the file it does not give me the option anywhere.  Everyone is saying this error was supposed to have been fixed by 2/3 but we filed 2/4 and here it is 2/7 and are unable to fix it.  Any suggestions?  Could we just clear the whole thing even though the IRS has received it and rejected it and start all over?  Any help is appreciated

Reject code F8962-070

Turbo didn't ask my son about a 1095-A.  they automatically selected yes.  He does not have any insurance and it should have been selected as No.  We went back after the IRS rejected it and tried to select no, only to find out that it automatically goes back to yeas.  There is no way to delete the file it does not give me the option anywhere.  Everyone is saying this error was supposed to have been fixed by 2/3 but we filed 2/4 and here it is 2/7 and are unable to fix it.  Any suggestions?  Could we just clear the whole thing even though the IRS has received it and rejected it and start all over?  Any help is appreciated

Reject code F8962-070

•  If you did NOT, click YES.
  • Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and Policy number.
  • Enter $1 for January monthly premium amount and SLCSP
  • Walk through to the end and submit your return. 

@fstacy0528 

Reject code F8962-070

This will work?

Jm3224728

Reject code F8962-070

I want to do my taxes somewhere els am having a terrible experience with the same problem no one can fix it’s crazy I spent a whole day trying to fix this problem with like 6 different agent and still nothing 

Reject code F8962-070

This works? 

Reject code F8962-070

Unfortunately, I don't have that option.  I never gave me a file to be able to delete or enter any information into.  It completely skipped over the whole question.  It was automatically entered.  I have even tried to pull up the file by searching under tools for the marketplace and policy number and it takes me back to the questions.  I enter no to both of the questions, but it doesn't save it.  I have no other options to do anything at all. Thanks for your help.

Reject code F8962-070

It didn't work for me.  Tried to search for the files under the tools option and took me back to the same place that I had already corrected but it wouldn't save it.  I have no files under it either to be able to delete where turbo tax messed up.

2musics

Reject code F8962-070

I don't have my IP PIN number why I can't make a New one

Reject code F8962-070

@fstacy0528 

A different 6 digit  IP PIN is issued to you each year by the IRS to be used on all tax returns filed that tax year.  You cannot simply choose another one you must use the one the IRS sent you  or you will need to mail in the return.  Mailed in returns that don't have the IP PIN on them can be delayed in processing.

Now the current 5 digit PIN number you can choose to be your electronic signature on the 2021 return can be any 5 digits you like (just not all zeros) and you can change that each and every year if you like.  

The prior year 5 digit PIN or AGI ... one of these must be used to efile the current year return.  If you don't have access to either of them then you cannot efile the return.  

The 5 digit self-selected efile Pin will be included in the Federal Information worksheet, shown on Page 4 of the worksheet.  The worksheet is included in the PDF of the 2020 tax return that you can download if you used the online editions.

To get a copy of the prior year return or AGI ....

Go to the Tax Home.  Scroll down the Tax Home page to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."  Expand that section and choose the tax year you want.   Then you can choose to "Download/print the PDF", or if you just need the 2020 AGI, then once you choose 2020 there should be a link to "View adjusted gross income (AGI.)"

If you do all that, but there's no evidence of prior returns in that section "Your Tax Returns & Documents", then you likely have multiple accounts and signed into the wrong one.    Many people end up with multiple accounts.

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first if you can still access it.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number you can still access and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

Reject code F8962-070

I'm using the CD version of turbo tax and still having this same error.  It doesn't give me the option to delete form 1095-A or anything else - help!

loganiwnl

Reject code F8962-070

I'm getting the same thing, I need help

loganiwnl

Reject code F8962-070

how did you fix it?

Reject code F8962-070

Nothing resolved here. 02/09/2022

Reject code F8962-070

I have completed the form and attached it and mine is still being rejected.... i'm going to H&R Block for next years taxes.... super unhelpful.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies