turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

BMA1
Level 3

Refund

What I am finding that is interesting is that when I went back in after I electronically filed my taxes is that they said that critical update was there...well...that critical update seems to have added the 1095A question!  I literally just went through my whole return again and that question came up this time (after it said "you will notice that a question on health insurance did not come up, etc.") - Well, when I did my taxes, that question did come up (about whether I had health insurance, that is) - I am wondering if that is what the hold up is.  Did anyone else who filed early have that health insurance question?  Clearly they "fixed" the 1095A question with their critical update.

I am waiting still for this ridiculous letter that the agent said would be coming (in 4 weeks) but that is a lot of stress!  No one wants to be told to expect a letter from the IRS!!!!

Refund

I filed end of January and have not seen a refund, no letter in the mail. I tried calling and there is no person to talk to right now. I'm getting nervous as I really need the money.

Refund

@JENNIFER N wrote:

I filed end of January and have not seen a refund, no letter in the mail. I tried calling and there is no person to talk to right now. I'm getting nervous as I really need the money.

Contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Refund

Yes, I just received my IRS letter in the mail smh. I am so disappointed with Turbo tax when I initially filed they just asked did I have health insurance not for the 1095 A form or anything. When I talk to the IRS they said that they have been getting complaints from Turbo Tax customers about this similar situation. Needless to say, I will not be using them again. I went from receiving a refund to now owing to the IRS because of this smh. 

Refund

Good afternoon I wanted to asked anyone if you hear from IRS that they will release refunds for everybody by April.  Is that true. Accepted 1/27 1 letter 2/13 nothing else since then.

Thank you 

Refund

I wish I got a DDD already I’m still waiting and I did it in 1/27 like I said I got my state but nothing else 

Refund

Has anyone heard anything yet??

Refund

I checked wmr this morning like I do every morning. I filed 2-8 and was accepted same day. To my surprise, my status bars were back with a ddd of 4-6. I have been under review for wage verification. 

BMA1
Level 3

Refund

I have not seen any change at all.  I am so frustrated.  I talked with Turbo Tax and asked them if these stupid "critical updates" would have had an impact on my return since I filed in February and the agent from Turbo Tax said, "No".  Then proceeded to say, "Well if you are getting audited, so be it"...Umm...What?!!  I think the main problem is that I have so much time on my hands being stuck at home...and yeah, the refund would be helpful!!!

BMA1
Level 3

Refund

How did you know what you were under review for??  No letter yet has come my way and the wmr has not changed at all since the status bars went away.

Refund

Did you happen to have a 1095 A form you filled out? If so, the IRS will need that. I got a letter about 3 weeks after they excepted my return.

uckylop
Returning Member

Refund

They went from sending me info saying I need an income adjustment to me getting an advocater to them finally sending my refund $6000 dollars short talking about  I owe for food stamps or Medicaid something like that currently waiting for a letter smfh

Refund

I file on January 19,2020 , was accepted January 23,2020, so were is my refund? It's now 2 months later and still have not received my refund!!!

Refund

@Happy 3 wrote:

I file on January 19,2020 , was accepted January 23,2020, so were is my refund? It's now 2 months later and still have not received my refund!!!

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Refund

Yess I did the same way. And I she’ll have t gotten my tax yet. I been calling for days and they not taking any phone calls. I even check on the IRS2GO is says being process. Nothing helps I don’t know what to do ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies