Re: Refund - Page 65

Tonbl

Refund

Or how long did it take to update?

Sonialouise1

Refund

I filed with turbo tax and they did not ask me about 1095 form. I do have a 1095 b form so I should fax them that form?

Devans0714

Refund

@lstewart0312I received my federal refund last week with the help of an advocate and it took 3 weeks and 5 days.  The common denominator in the majority of these delays is the missing 1095A which transfers the data and populates the 8962 form.  Had TurboTax, H&R Block and other tax software companies did their homework this error would have been caught with minimal problems. It's called UAT testing.  You test the product before you put it out there for use.  It is just a simple code adjustment that could have been easily corrected if it as caught.

@DoninGAinstead of rehashing the same rhetoric maybe you should give better advice.  It is apparent that the majority of the people still posting have the information but they do not know how to proceed now  that they have spoken to an IRS agent.  I have not seen any post where one of you guys or an employee has advised a user to be persistent, not aggressive.  Instead of the basic steps that you are still posting they should be doing the following:
1.  When speaking to a live agent ask them for the exact reason why they have not gotten their refund.  9 times out of ten the agent will go into the system and see what letter you received and 9 times out of 10 it is the missing 1095A/8962 forms.
2.  Once you get the reason from the IRS agent, before they hang up, if you have a hardship whether it is a pending eviction, a pending repossession, and I guess with the state of the world today, you got laid off from your job and you have no immediate income availalbe, ask them to escalate to an advocate.  
3. If they assign you an advocate, ask them for the number to call because once they assign an advocate calling the IRS will not help you.  The agent will tell you to contact your advocate.
4.  Once assigned an advocate, they will call you in 3-5 business days.  Mines called me on the second day.  The advocate will verify your hardship, so you better make sure you are telling them the same thing you have told the IRS because it is in your record.  They will make a recommendation based on the phone screen.  The advocate should tell you that it normally takes 5 business days for the IRS to respond to a recommendation from them.  That does not mean you have to sit back and just wait.  Keep calling them.  I called them every 3 days.
5.  After the 5 days the advocate should be able to give you a date the IRS will process your refund based on their recommendation.  At first, she told me that they would process until the 28th of this month.  I explained to her my circumstances and she spoke to her manager and she gave me the number to contact her manager.
6. I called the manager and left a voicemail message, I got the number from his voicemail for his direct manager and I called her and left her a voicemail message.  Neither one of them called me back but on Friday, March 13th the advocate called me and told me I would receive my refund on the 18th.  I actually received it on the 17th and TurboTax got their money.

All I am saying is if you are going to give help, GIVE HELP.  Stop cutting and pasting the same answers that is not helping anyone because it is not telling them what to do after they go through the first part of the process.  There is plenty that can be done if you are persistent and kind.  I know everyone is fed up because I sure was but you don't have to sit around and wait.  

Finally, if you have already received an email from TurboTax telling you that they are going to debit your account, do not pay them.  If they debit your account dispute it.  As you have already signed an agreement when you filled for them to take the fees out of your refund, they will get their money once your refund is processed.  If you are not getting a refund, that is a different story.

Devans0714

Refund

@Tonblthe IRS will not update the WMR tool until your refund is approved.  Unless you want to go and view your transcript online or are working when an advocate you will not know when or if they actually received the form.

Devans0714

Refund

@Sonialouise1 when you are filing, it will ask you if you had Healthcare the entire year through the Affordable Care Act (ACA).  It is not going to ask for the form, which is the issue and is where a lot of people are having the issue.  I do believe the prior year it did ask you if you had a 1095B form along with if you received Healthcare the entire year via ACA but I am not sure.  I know this is the first year where I have seen a deluge of people having the same problem and it all points to the data from the 1095 form not populating/creating the 8962.  If you have the form your best bet is to contact the IRS and get the fax number.  You will have to include the following on your fax:

Your name as it appears on your tax return
Your social security number
Your date of birth
The Tax year.

You will also have to complete and send with the 1095B, the 8962 form.

Devans0714

Refund

Just a heads up...If the IRS tells you that you are missing the 1095 form, you will also have to complete and send along with the 1095 the 8962 form.  If you do not send those two forms your return will probably be further delayed.

lstewart0312

Refund

Agreed. I had to fax both. 

Run215

Refund

Hey did the IRS ever contact you about your return? I still haven’t receive mine and I file it same date as you.

Jns1stkd

Refund

I contacted them twice. And in the 2nd call I requested an advocate. The tax advocate was supposed to call me yesterday never got a call. Called the advocate office today left a voicemail. Hopefully they will call me tomorrow. I filed and got accepted the 29th of January hopefully this gets resolved soon. 

Tonbl

Refund

They claim they sent a letter still to this day I have not recieved a letter couldn't get in touch with anyone until like 32 days after I filed literally still irate, still no return after sending the stuff by fax march 2nd still no update, no money and of course they are closed imagine that 

Nae23

Refund

I have not received my refund still after filing and being approved feburary 1, I called the irs twice and the only thing I've gotten was to await for a letter to better explain why I haven't received my refund. The customer service rep told be that he wasn't able to see the details of why my refund was being held and to await another 3 to 4 weeks to receive the letter. I so confused as to why it's taking so long to receive the letter when I created an account on the IRS website to review my transcripts and receive a letter shortly after confirming that I created the account.....I'm so overwhelmed, lost and confused. I called again yesterday morning at 7:13am to be exact for the third time just to get the same message as some of you have received that the call volume was high and to try again at another time or day.....smh

Tonbl

Refund

It says on the website they are closed due to the coronavirus! Fyi just a heads up they told me some people never even recieve the letter.  Almost 60 days since I filed and still no letters but yet they quote said they sent it out on February 19 which is incorrect obviously because I never recieved it.You make them tell you the reason or request an advocate. I have never had an issue with taxes ever this year has been an absolute pain in the ass to get our money.

Naija2020

Refund

I received my tax transcripts and it said receive date March 2-April 15 what does this mean???????

Mdyroff42

Refund

No

Sonialouise1

Refund

Yeap me too! As of matter of fact I just got off the phone with an irs representative and told me they sent a letter on March 12th(which I never received btw) and said they need to further review my taxes. Im not being audited though... The representative read the letter to me over the phone. It also says I need to wait 60 freaking more days for processing and to not contact them until then!! I explained my hardship due to the coronavirus and asked her to assign me to an advocate. She was trying to be helpful and so  I SHOULD  hear from an advocate within 5 business days. Wth is going on??!!