turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

refund status

I paper filed 2/20/20 and still have not received refund after nearly 5 months.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

refund status

The IRS has not processed paper filed tax returns for several months due to the pandemic.  They have only just started processing those tax returns in the order received.

Go to this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

We’re experiencing delays in processing paper tax returns due to limited staffing. If you already filed a paper return, we will process it in the order we received it.

Do not file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return.

kri
Level 1

refund status

same i filed 4/21 and online tool does not even give me status.. only thing i have is tracking number and confirmation that it was delivered to IRS.

State refunds have been received .. 

refund status

So you mailed it?  Sorry the IRS has limited staff due to Covid-19.  They just started opening the mail in June that's been stacking up. So you have to keep waiting.

See this IRS page for the latest information

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

refund status

IRS commissioner Chuck Rettig recently stated that all 511 IRS facilities were closed due to Covid  or put  on reduced staffing  for more than 3 months and in that time more than 10 million envelopes piled up in trucks and this will take some time to catch up in processing all this mail... patience will be needed.  

The IRS has received 134 million returns so far and have processed more than 96 million refunds ... quite a task during a normal tax period  let alone during a pandemic ... and  they also were tasked with implementing a stimulus package distribution ... a daunting task in the best of times.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies