turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wilson
Returning Member

Refund Advance

How long does it take 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Refund Advance

See this TurboTax support FAQ concerning Advances - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/01/27333

Wilson
Returning Member

Refund Advance

Thanks that’s exactly what I was looking for! 

vnm428

Refund Advance

I was approved for a $1000 advance. My refund was accepted by the IRS on the 14th around 8:00 pm and it's now the 16th at 9:30 am and I still haven't received the refund advance on the online card (shows a $0.00 balance). There is nobody you can talk to either to see when it will get deposited to the account either so in my opinion I think if you are depending on that advance you are better off going somewhere else that has customer service that can help you with this.

Refund Advance

Your 48 hours have not passed yet ... 8pm on the 14th means they have until 8pm on the 16th. 

Why haven't I received my Refund Advance after 48 hours?

You’ll receive your Refund Advance within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your e-filed return. This differs from 48 hours from when you e-filed your taxes through TurboTax or selected that you wanted Refund Advance. The IRS usually begins processing and accepting e-filed returns in late January.

1Important offer details and disclosures

me012976me
Returning Member

Refund Advance

I was approved for $2000 and called and chatted with Turbo Tax and agent told me to call green dot and i did and they told me to contact turbo tax. Mine was accepted on Monday evening from the IRS and still no funds on the card either. Have you received any more answers ?

Refund Advance

OK... see the below from the FAQ on loans ... note that even after you apply and the IRS accepts you may still not be approved by the bank ... check your mail/email for an explanation of denial. 

Important offer details and disclosures about Refund Advance

If you’re receiving a federal refund, you could be eligible for a Refund Advance on a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card (card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC). If approved, you will receive temporary card info for online use typically within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed federal return. This temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo® Visa® Debit Card, which will arrive in 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval. 0% APR & $0 loan fees. This  offer is only available until February 7, 2020.

Refund Advance is a loan based upon your anticipated refund and is not the refund itself. To apply for the Refund Advance, you must file your taxes with TurboTax.

Refund Advance is a loan based upon your anticipated refund and is not the refund itself. To apply for the Refund Advance, you must file your taxes with TurboTax. Availability of the Refund Advance is subject to satisfaction of identity verification, certain security requirements, eligibility criteria, and underwriting standards. Refund Advance is provided by First Century Bank, N.A., member FDIC, not affiliated with Intuit or Green Dot Bank.

Separate fees apply if you select a Refund Transfer. A Refund Transfer is not required for the Refund Advance loan.

Not all consumers will qualify for a loan or for the maximum loan amount. If approved, your loan will be for one of six amounts: $250, $500, $750, $1,000, $1,500, or $2,000. Your loan amount will be based on a portion of your anticipated federal refund. You will not receive a final decision of whether you are approved for the Loan until after you file your taxes and the IRS accepts your return. Loan repayment is deducted from your federal tax refund and reduces the subsequent refund amount paid directly to you on your Turbo Card.

Fees may apply for other products and services.

Refund Advance

I'm at hour 53 and still nothing and I've called all they will say is that I'm approved but they don't know why I haven't gotten anything. They aren't helpful at all.

Ac15
Level 1

Refund Advance

I received my approval and it says it’s on there and is in my account but temporary card info won’t work? 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund Advance

If you created a Turbo Visa Debit Card online account and have funds available but you’re unable to use your temporary card number for online purchases, call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

If you received a Refund Advance last year, you’ll need to create a new account to see your Refund Advance funds for this year. You won’t see the funds if you log in with the account you made last year.

For additional information please click the link below regarding Refund Advances:

https://intuit.me/2U5ROll

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Amber 15

Refund Advance

I set up account and all still 0 for advance what do I do now

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Refund Advance

You’ll receive your Refund Advance virtual card info within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed return, by email. The funds will be loaded on to the card within 48 hours. Any balance of your tax refund remaining will be sent to you after the IRS has accepted and processed your tax return, usually within 21 days. You’ll be able to start spending online with your card information after setting up your Turbo Card account.

Also, a physical Turbo Card will be mailed to you within 5 to 10 business days. The remainder of your refund (minus the Refund Advance amount and any TurboTax fees) will be loaded onto the card when the IRS or state tax authorities distribute your refund (typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance).

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies