turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Question about refund advance

For assistance with your Turbo Visa Debit Card please visit TurboDebitCard.com or click the link below.

When will I receive my Turbo® Visa® Debit Card? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I won't either. I never got my advance after they approved me. then when u call nobody knows nothing to help you. what a scam! I'm really pissed about this!

I was told that the IRS doesn't start to do the returns until Janurary 27th. So that's why it is taking so long

cantucast

I need to cancel my Tax Refund due to needing to file as married. 

SAME ISSUE here!!! funny!! I’ve talked to people at TurboTax, Greendot and First Century Bank and conveniently morning one knows the answer and everyone points fingers at each other. What’s the point of a refund advance if I don’t get it In the hour after my taxes were accepted like I was promised??? I think it’s a BIG scam. I received an email yesterday saying my card was on the way to me and an email today saying my card was being printed. Like really... which one is it??? I’m sure no one knows the answer to that either. I won’t use Turbo Tax again!!!

Lol it’s not true! They want you to think you can but you don’t get any money in advance and you waste a bunch of time taking to people who literally just copy and paste articles from the help section that don’t answer your questions whatsoever.

whm
Level 2

I could be wrong but I think the IRS accepted your RETURN. I've never heard of the IRS accepting a REFUND. Once the IRS determines you are due, said funds should hit your account post haste. Side note. Most advances come with a fee. Kick back and relax. If you're due monies, they will get it to you. 

whm
Level 2

Any and all banks that promise an advance on your refund is going to wait until the IRS grants said refund. If you were a CEO of a bank, would you lend or give money to an individual based just on his/her claim that they were getting a refund. 

The IRS accepted the refund. The advance wasn’t for the entire refund amount.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

You can receive a 0% APR loan equal to a portion of your tax refund, up to $2,000, in one of six amounts ($250, $500, $750, $1,000, $1,500, $2,000) with $0 loan fees

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card1, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

Your remaining federal and entire state refund (minus any agreed upon fees) will be deposited to your Turbo Card when the IRS or state tax authorities distribute your refund (usually within 21 days from IRS acceptance).

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did you ever get your advance

Jimmyjohns1
Returning Member

You guys are a bunch of cry babies talking about your turbo card! Spoiled rotten want the money now! Can't wait if you are an impatient person you should use direct deposit and wait the 21days. And Learn when they accept taxes please. Why are people filing 2 weeks before they accept taxes and complain about it if they don't get their money in 1 hr LMAO!

Jimmyjohns1
Returning Member

Anyone else crying about their turbo card? Maybe you should read what it really says. And why on earth would you even think you would get money in 1hr? LMAO 
Bunch of cry babies!

Jimmyjohns1
Returning Member

They gave me a advance refund of 10,000 dollars and its been 12 days and they don't know nothin.

they are trying to keep my money or give it to someone else.

Who should I call?

Who should I email? 

Who should I not talk to?

OMG!!! HAHA bunch of crybaby 21st century kids don't know anything. 

Spoiled and so emotional! It's sickening to mankind 

I see you woke up on the wrong side of the Bed, just don't ever reach out for advice or help for you info I'm a 80's Baby I ain't with the internet sucker 💩

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies