turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Payment for Completed Taxes was overcharged

My taxes have been filed and accepted. My refund was deposited from the federal and state. However I was overcharged for completed taxes. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

27 Replies

What does overcharged mean?  What charges are you referring to?

Federal and state refunds come separately from different places at different times.  Did you get both deposits?   Were you having the fees deducted from your federal refund?  How much is missing?  There is an extra 39.99 Refund Processing Service charge (44.99 in California) to have the fees deducted.

My completed form stated a charge of $120 but instead I was charged $254.48

My husband and I had our refund deposited into my bank account. $911.52 was deposited from Federal and $761 from State. We need to know where the extra charges came from. A total charge of $254.48 was for federal and state. I saw where $120 was my fee. 

All of the fees were charged to my federal refund. 

snuffy2

The TT2019 software clearly said I would be charged $19.99  + tax  ( taxes were stated a $0) to e-file my state tax return using my credit card. I was billed $24.99 . At that point, I threw up my hands and e-filed anyway.  I have used TT annually since 1988, I had to by a Windows 10 upgrade also.

Sorry the early discounted prices expired on Feb 29, 2020.  March 1, 2020 there was a price increase.  The CD box says prices are subject to change.  The prices always change around March 1.  So I try to file before then.  

It also says on the back of my CD case in the comparison chart....

1 state product via download (print free  or efile for $19.99 each) prices subject to change without notice.

snuffy2

Wow! Fooled me.  Yup . I found it on the back of the CD cover.   Too bad it wasn't fixed in the software  update package. It won't happen ever again.

What wasn't in the update?  When did you efile?  There is a delay in Desktop program between March 1 when the price goes up and the next time the program update comes out, usually on Thursdays.  It will show the 19.99 price but you be charged 24.99.

I was also overcharged.  The costs were $60 for the Federal and $50 for State filings, totaling $110.00.  There was an $8.80 sales tax added, bringing the total to $118.80.  But for some reason there is another charge of $111.30 on my card, for a total of $228.80.  I have absolutely NO references via email from Intuit, for this $111.30 charge and want a refund.  Then, when you call, whether you are using a ID or not, you cannot connect to anyone.  This is very POOR customer service with nothing on my account page referencing both charges.  I'm feeling scammed and needing to report Intuit to the BBB.org and to my State's Consumer Protection Agency.

I want the $111.30 refunded to my account, which is currently showing as pending, but I still cannot access it.

Can anyone please confirm how I can get this resolved?

Thank you

@smithlpoole wrote:

I was also overcharged.  The costs were $60 for the Federal and $50 for State filings, totaling $110.00.  There was an $8.80 sales tax added, bringing the total to $118.80.  But for some reason there is another charge of $111.30 on my card, for a total of $228.80.  I have absolutely NO references via email from Intuit, for this $111.30 charge and want a refund.  Then, when you call, whether you are using a ID or not, you cannot connect to anyone.  This is very POOR customer service with nothing on my account page referencing both charges.  I'm feeling scammed and needing to report Intuit to the BBB.org and to my State's Consumer Protection Agency.

I want the $111.30 refunded to my account, which is currently showing as pending, but I still cannot access it.

Can anyone please confirm how I can get this resolved?

Thank you

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours. If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Vindoy60

payment for turbo tax fee was overcharged

Vindoy60

I paid Two(2) $170 for the fee

@Vindoy60 wrote:

I paid Two(2) $170 for the fee

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours. If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies