Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Not sure what to do

I mailed my return in May, I couldn't e-file cause I didn't know my AGI. I still have not gotten any notice of my return being accepted or received a refund. I go on IRS website to check on my return and it cant find anything. I called and the machine says they cant find anything. So Im like wtf..I dont want to remail it and nothing happens again. I wanted to e-file but turbotax says not to, but if they haven't gotten anything anyways does it even matter?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Not sure what to do

When you mail you don't get any confirmation or acceptance.   Your only proof is if you got a tracking number from the post office when you mailed it.

You just have to keep waiting.   The IRS is taking a long time this year to process returns.   Especially mailed returns. You are not alone.   Millions are still waiting.

Not sure what to do

Some IRS buildings have parking lots with large trailers full of unopened mail.  They are far behind in processing due to COVID and to all of the tax law changes in the last two years.  

Your return is probably sitting somewhere waiting to be opened.  There are many millions of taxpayers waiting for their return.  Just check every week or so until it comes up as being in progress.

Not sure what to do

a family member's refund took over 6 months and that was e-filed. be patient. your return could be sitting in a bag of unopened mail. in the future, if you mail in your return, I suggest using a method where you can either track it or get proof of delivery. 

Not sure what to do

Oddly, I just got my refund deposited today! I dont really believe in coincidences but wow I still think it is odd that the IRS machine still couldnt tell me diddly squat. However,  I am a happy camper now lol thanks for your responses. @VolvoGirl @Mike9241 @GeorgeDenseff 

Not sure what to do

The IRS tool is often inaccurate ... has always been that way.  If congress would stop reducing the IRS budget every year then they may eventually get more up to date equipment and programming not to mention personnel .  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies