Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BH4u2016

No record

I filed my business taxes last Oct and the irs has no record

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

No record

@ BH4u2016 wrote:

I filed my business taxes last Oct and the irs has no record

What do you mean by "business taxes?"   Did you use the dedicated Business Edition to prepare and file a business return for a corporation, partnership, multi-member LLC, etc.?

Or did you file a personal tax return that contained a Schedule C for a self-employed business or single-member LLC?   If a personal return with Schedule C, did you use Online TurboTax or desktop software (CD/download)?

How did you file?  Did you efile, or did you choose to print the return and file by postal mail?

How do you know the IRS has no record?   Did you talk to the IRS?  Or did you get a letter from the IRS?

BH4u2016

No record

I filed with Turbo tax business and I got a k1 . 

No record

@ BH4u2016 wrote:

I filed with Turbo tax business and I got a k1 . 

Did you prepare a business return for a corporation (C-corp/S-corp), partnership, multimember LLC, estate/trust?   Which type?

"I got a K-1"

Does that mean you prepared K-1's with your business return, and one of them went to you to report on your personal return?

How did you file the business return? Did you efile, or did you choose to print the business return and file by postal mail?

How do you know the IRS has no record? Did you talk to the IRS? Or did you get a letter from the IRS?

BH4u2016

No record

s corp and added the k1 to my 1040

No record

@ BH4u2016 wrote:

s corp and added the k1 to my 1040

I'll ask the following questions again that continue to not be addressed.  Please feel free to answer both of them in one response.

How did you file the business return? Did you efile, or did you choose to print the business return and file by postal mail?

How do you know the IRS has no record? Did you talk to the IRS? Or did you get a letter from the IRS?

BH4u2016

No record

I e- filed and I was told by the SBA that there was no record

No record

@ BH4u2016  wrote:

I e- filed and I was told by the SBA that there was no record

But have you checked with the IRS?

When you check the efile status displayed inside your business product, does it say that the return was accepted or rejected?

ADDENDUM 4/21/2021 at 4:57 AM Pacific

NOTE:  At this point in time, the program interface may or may not still display an efile result for the return filed last October.  If you try a new check, it might work, or it might produce a spurious result; i.e.,  it may not find it since the IRS has likely switched their efile-check system over to the new tax year.  Perhaps you got an email last October saying if it was accepted or rejected.    In any case, I'll leave info for you below that will tell you how to phone the IRS to ask them if they received it, and if it's still processing.  And I'll also tell you how to phone TurboTax Support who can also tell you if the efile was successful or not.

Here are a couple of other ways to check:

If your copy of the return includes all the worksheets, one of the forms is called Electronic Postmark, which will show if it was accepted.  If it's not in your copy, you can open your return in the program and go to Forms Mode to view it.

Another way to check while the return is open is to look at the Electronic Filing history.  Click on the FILE menu in the TurboTax top menubar, and in the dropdown menu choose "Electronic Filing", then choose "Show electronic filing history."

No record

In the interest of time, I'm going to leave you with the following info:

You only mentioned the SBA above when asked where you got info that there was no record.  It doesn't sound like you have yet spoken to anyone at the IRS.  If your efiled business return was accepted, then perhaps the IRS has not yet finished processing it.  

Here's how to reach the IRS Business services help desk so you can ask them if they received your return and if it's still processing:

800-829-4933

7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time

If you end up needing to speak to TurboTax Support, they can tell you if the efile was successful and accepted, and may be able to answer any other questions you have.   Here's how to reach them:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies