turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Never got my 2017 state tax refund-- failed to sign paperwork before submitting

Hello, 2017 was the first year I did my taxes via TurboTax, so I was required to print out my paperwork and physically mail the forms in. I know I forgot to sign the forms, because the federal government sent my federal tax submission back to me so I could sign and re-submit the paperwork.

I did get my federal tax refund, but I never got my state tax refund. The state of California never contacted me to say I had failed to sign my paperwork, but I assume this must be what happened.

So, what do I do about this? I don't know who to contact at the state of California to see about getting my money. Is this something the folks at Intuit/TurboTax could help me with?

Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

TurboTax cannot intercede with CA on your behalf.  But you could try contacting the state.  Or you could print out your 2017 state return, sign it, and mail it again.  Next time you mail a tax return use a mailing service that will track it, like UPS or certified mail so you will know it was received.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/aboutFTB/contact.shtml

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you Christmas Baby, I will give this a try.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies