Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CamCole96

My refund status says accepted but not approved it's been 3 week's

It's been a month and I still haven't got my refund. I called twice and they keep saying it's still being processed. I know people that filed after me and got theirs. If you want to get through to them you have to call every hour I got through to them at 3 and 4pm.

Im currently going through that, did you get through an actual person and not the operative system

CamCole96

Yeah I talked to an actual person twice they both said the same thing it’s still being processed even though TurboTax said my estimated refund date was the 5th. Do you know the steps to talk to a real person? If not I can tell you.

wrknmom98

My refund was accepted on Feb 12, 2021.  It does not show on the IRS.gov website nor my state's website.  It has been almost 5 weeks since I submitted it.  I'm fine with waiting for my refund but my concern is that it does not show on the IRS website as having been received.  

loozius

Hey, just checking in. did you ever end up receiving your return? if so, how long after you filed did you receive it? I have the same issue right now so I just wanted to know if it will just be resolved with time or if it's more serious.

Chelsyt9

unfortunately and inconveniently I have not received my refund yet the irs is taking there sweet time 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@wrknmom98  According to the IRS, updates to Where’s My Refund status is delayed for some.  I suggest calling the Where's My Refund automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954; you may have a better chance of getting your refund status this way.

If you're still unsuccessful in getting your refund status, just remember that Covid-19 continues to cause delays in some of the IRS processes.  I would suggest checking back periodically.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My refund is still severely delayed with no updates. This has been in the news a lot recently. Many early filers are seeing delays because of the stimulus checks. It doesn't seem fair does it? They are going to "help" us with stimulus checks but hold up the refunds for people who filed early.

Last year I was flagged, they called me, I had to submit some documents, and I ended up getting it at the end of March or early April .

Hsieck19

My problem is there has been no change in status and everything still says being processed. And I have not been contacted yet and it has been over a month Since it was accepted. 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@Hsieck19 Most tax returns process within 21 days. However, some may take longer. TurboTax does not receive any updates on the status of returns once the IRS accepts them. This means that we can't say when you will receive your refund. You can track your refund at www.irs.gov/refunds. If it's been longer than 21 days since you e-filed and the IRS accepted your return, you'll have to speak directly to IRS to find out more about the delay. Please click here for more information. 

Ours was filed Feb 28 and still nothing. I’ve tried calling the automated number for weeks and can’t get thru to a live person. This is a first for us. Has anyone with this issue gotten theirs or received a notice of some kind? 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax does not receive updates on your refund status after your tax return has been accepted by the IRS. 

Please see this information from our expert @ToddL99 on why your tax return refund may be delayed: Refund Delay.

The IRS is working on backlogs and both the EIC and Recovery Rebate can add to your processing time. See this about refund timing: Refund Timing

When calling the IRS try calling early in the morning and not on a Monday or Tuesday. Individuals can call the IRS at (800) 829-1040, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. your local time.

Here are some tips when contacting the IRS:

• First choose your language
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

Please see this TurboTax FAQ on what to have ready before you contact the IRS: What do I need if I call the IRS?

@Dogmomlife3

Same here 

Clintonmatthe
Returning Member

Its been pass 21days why have i not got my direct deposit yet my first second or third stimulus check or my federal tax return yet 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies