turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Laura4155

My card is blocked due to identity verification and my return should be loaded on May 2nd how can I get a check instead?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

My card is blocked due to identity verification and my return should be loaded on May 2nd how can I get a check instead?

Did the IRS release the refund ?   Did you want the fees withheld from your refund ?  Were you getting the PrePaid Debit card ?   Here is how to track down your refund ...if you cannot or will not comply with the ID verification process then talk to the party that is holding the refund currently and see what your options are. 

The refund needs to go from the IRS to the third party bank to the card.  This process can take up to 3 business days or more.

Check the IRS :  https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Check  SBTPG:  by logging into their website at:  https://cisc.sbtpg.com/

Or you can get 24-hour automated info by phone at:  https://cisc.sbtpg.com/contact.aspx

Check at Turbo Tax Visa :  If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, please visit TurboPrepaidCard.com or call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

Staburger

I have tried for days now to unblock my new card I have been using all help tools for assistance none of the options seems to work I have spoken with multiple employees who have not been able to help me....they continue to forward my calls to automatic responses no help and they have hung up on me multiple times 

please help 

@Staburger wrote:

I have tried for days now to unblock my new card I have been using all help tools for assistance none of the options seems to work I have spoken with multiple employees who have not been able to help me....they continue to forward my calls to automatic responses no help and they have hung up on me multiple times 

please help 

TurboTax support cannot assist you with the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card.

Check at Turbo Tax Visa :  If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, please visit TurboPrepaidCard.com or call toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

Cowartj40

I'm currently going through this same thing. 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact Customer Care at 888-285-4169 for assistance.

https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/contact-us

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Susanlwt

The customer service number to turbo debit card is automated..I would like to know the secret to speaking to somebody..this is horrible and I will not be using turbo tax again..people are left wondering how they will get their money and have nobody to get help from..this needs to be corrected asap..

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Susanllwt. Try the following steps to connect with a customer service representative regarding your Turbo Visa Debit Card:

1. When calling, ignore the prompt asking for your card number.
  2. Press 1 for lost, stolen, or cards never received.
  3. Press 2 for cards never received.
  4. Enter your Social Security Number when prompted.
  5. Continue following the instructions

You will find the contact number listed in the following TurboTax FAQ:  When will I receive my Turbo® Visa® Debit Card? - Community

Deannd50

I lost my original card, i received a new one. How do i remove block on it and activate this new card?

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does not have access to your account for the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card issued by Green Dot.

All questions concerning the TurboTax Prepaid Visa card from Green Dot, or your account with them,  should be directed to their customer service.  Find more information at https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/contact-us

Were you able to figure this out? 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact customer care for assistance with lifting the block.

https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/contact-us

I've waited on the phone for 1 hr finally got someone to answer me then just to transfer me then waited for another 2 hrs for nobody to answer do they realize what were going Thur and they wanna block my card this company needs to resolve this quickly I need my money asap I have kids to support 

Jia

This is the same information everyone is giving out but it is pointless because no one is available to help us through that phone number or website.   IF YOU NEED TO HELP FROM INTUIT ABOUT THE CARD SERVICE THEY OFFER, THEY ARE NOT GOING TO HELP. The sad Part about this whole situation is that people are diying and getting sick. Not everyone is getting a stimulus check. people dont have jobs or money. I know that things are diffrent now because of the virus. however, there should be someone to help! even if the wait time is 3 hours! At least try!. Dont leave us out here with no direction as to what to do with these cards that dont work, with our money on them, and a **bleep**load of automated interactive voicemails that serve absolutely NO purpose! most companies have come up with ways to easy the blow of what has happened to all of us. they created ways to make process easier, ways to help there customers without putting there employees at risk. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies