turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It says my refund has been sent to be deposited in my account but it has not hit my account yet

@hazelparsons wrote:

The IRS says my refund was deposited to my bank account. It has not went into my account. I checked all my info on my return and it matches my bank account numbers. My state got deposited but not my federal. The bank said they see no pending transactions or any transactions pertaining to my refund deposit. What do I do.?

So this IRS WMR tool says the funds have been sent?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If the IRS has actually sent the funds, the IRS says to allow up to 5 days due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.   But it usually doesn't take that long.

However, there may be another link in the chain that you can check in the meantime if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG).

It says my refund has been sent to be deposited in my account but it has not hit my account yet

Where my federal , say deposit in bank account but there nothing 

@Boosiebear  wrote:

Where my federal , say deposit in bank account but there nothing 

Is it this IRS WMR tool that says the funds have been sent?

If the IRS has actually sent the funds, the IRS says to allow up to 5 days due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.   But it usually doesn't take that long.

However, there may be another link in the chain that you can check in the meantime if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG).

well i do my taxes with you guys and was  prompted to set up direct deposit at credit karma which I did and my account and routing on my 1040 match but they haven’t received the deposit and told me to contact you the irs also pointed me your way

@ Dailyfrogz wrote:

well i do my taxes with you guys and was  prompted to set up direct deposit at credit karma which I did and my account and routing on my 1040 match but they haven’t received the deposit and told me to contact you the irs also pointed me your way

This is mainly a user community forum, but we can tell you how to reach TurboTax Support if it comes to that.  But there may be some other things to check first.

1) Does this IRS tool say your Federal refund has been released and sent?

2) Did you have any TurboTax product fees, and if so, did you pay them upfront by credit/debit card, or did you choose to pay the fees out of your Federal refund?   If you chose to pay fees out of your Federal refund, an intermediary bank is involved that we can tell you more about.

Truevibes

I am also having issues... IRS states they sent refund to my bank on 5/28. I waited until today 6/4 to check with my bank and they state they see no pending transactions for that amount from the IRS to hit. Its been over 5 business days. I also checked my return and see the direct deposit banking information is correct. I am worried that I will not get my refund or that it was sent somewhere else? I am not sure what to do at this point. Do I wait again until next week? 

This has me worried!

Thank you!

@Truevibes wrote:

I am also having issues... IRS states they sent refund to my bank on 5/28. I waited until today 6/4 to check with my bank and they state they see no pending transactions for that amount from the IRS to hit. Its been over 5 business days. I also checked my return and see the direct deposit banking information is correct. I am worried that I will not get my refund or that it was sent somewhere else? I am not sure what to do at this point. Do I wait again until next week? 

There could be another link in the chain, however:

Truevibes

I might have had to pay state fees as federal was free to file I believe. I hope that's the issue!

@ Truevibes wrote:

I might have had to pay state fees as federal was free to file I believe. I hope that's the issue!

That's confusing.   If your Federal return was free, then the state return would have been free, too.   If you used OnlineTurboTax (as opposed to desktop software), there are 2 free products.   Did you use either the regular Free Edition or the TurboTax IRS Free File Program?   If so, those have no fees, unless you upgraded the regular Free Edition to PLUS for 29.99 (or an optional add-on such as MAX Benefits) then chose to pay that fee out of your Federal refund.  

If you DID have any product fees and chose to pay them out of the Federal refund, that's handled by an intermediary company SBTPG.  You can try the lookup tool on the SBTPG website to see if it finds any info on your refund. 

To log in, choose the  "For Taxpayers" portal at this link, then on the next page choose "Check with TPG."
https://www.sbtpg.com/

Otherwise, if it doesn't show up at your bank in the next couple of days, you may have to phone the IRS next week and ask them what bank they sent your refund to, and how and when they can trace it if it doesn't arrive.

@Truevibes 

ADDENDUM:

My answer above assumed you used Online TurboTax.   If that's not what you used, i.e., if you  used desktop software (CD/download), did you have a state efile fee of $25 that you chose to pay out of your Federal refund instead of using credit/debit card?  If so, that choice would also use that same SBTPG intermediary, which you can check with that SBTPG lookup tool.

foxykat54
Returning Member

contacting your Bank does not help at all, I did it. all they say, they have no record of receiving your direct deposit. 

Hey did you ever get a check or refund on a card ? And how long did it take to come 

Did you ever get a paper check & if so how long was the process 

Did you receive it yet ? If did , when date & time ?

Holly35
Returning Member

It seems as they they use this sbtpg Santa Barbra bank as a cop out on everything to keep from actually having to answer our questions. Turbo tax chose this bank to collect their fees so why can’t turbo tax give us an answer about OUR checks they entrusted to this bank? They sure get their fees paid first tho then the money just goes MIA and no one can answer anything. I was on hold for 2 hours with Santa Barbra bank because it says my federal refund was deposited into my bank two days ago and has not been after two hours on hold I was hung up on. I’ve been out of work due to having covid which has put us in jeopardy of losing our home not to mention our electric is about to be turned off. This isn’ta game we are real people out here struggling and need our money that belongs to us!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies