turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

wendynix33
Returning Member

It says my refund has been sent to be deposited in my account but it has not hit my account yet

Plz help me geff t my refund back.just has d to fix a huge problem of illegal sighning and other stuff w out my consent.bankruptcy divorce.im being treated BBC ad plz help me

skyeler09

It says my refund has been sent to be deposited in my account but it has not hit my account yet

Hey i’m having the same issue.. did you have your refund already? 

My refund says sent but it's not in my account 

@Albertmoore82  wrote:

My refund says sent but it's not in my account 

So this IRS WMR tool says the funds have been sent?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If the IRS has actually sent the funds, the IRS says to allow up to 5 days due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.   But it usually doesn't take that long.

However, there may be another link in the chain that you can check in the meantime if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG).

The Bar status was saying it was sent to the bank March 18- no later than 23rd  for two days now , can they still offset me ?

@Jgray0505 wrote:

The Bar status was saying it was sent to the bank March 18- no later than 23rd  for two days now , can they still offset me ?

If there's an offset, it will often mention that at the WMR tool before or at the same time as saying the refund has been sent.  Obviously they can't offset anything once they have actually sent the funds and no longer control it.  If you receive the Federal refund, and it is less than expected, then they may have offset part of it prior to sending it (or the lower amount could be due to the payment of product fees.)  Only the IRS will know if there has been an offset or not.  See this FAQ:

FAQ:  What is a refund offset?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-is-a-refund-offset/01/26301

If the WMR tool says your funds were sent on March 18,  then you are still in a normal time frame.  It's still not the 23rd yet.   The IRS says to allow up to 5 days due to differences in various banks' processing times/procedures.   You can phone your bank on Monday to see if they have any word on a pending deposit.

Also be aware there may be another link in the chain that you can check in the meantime if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card) in a second direct deposit.   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG) using their lookup tool.

Ok I did use turbo with the extra fees taken out! So what’s the time table for turbo bank to send the deposit back to my bank ? How long it usually takes them to send the deposit back to me! 

@ Jgray0505 wrote:

Ok I did use turbo with the extra fees taken out! So what’s the time table for turbo bank to send the deposit back to my bank ? How long it usually takes them to send the deposit back to me! 

If you're sure the IRS has released and sent your funds (check with the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool), you can log in at SBTPG's website (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group) to lookup the status of your funds.

To log in, choose the taxpayer portal at:
https://www.sbtpg.com/

IF needed, SBTPG has a phone contact page at the following link. It also shows their business hours.  Even when they are closed, you may be able to get automated info from their phone system, or you can log in as above.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

It shows sent yet it hasn't been deposited into my account

@Ladispencer wrote:

It shows sent yet it hasn't been deposited into my account

If the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool shows they have actually sent the funds, the IRS says to allow up to 5 days due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.   But it usually doesn't take that long.

However, there may be another link in the chain that you can check in the meantime if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG), where you can use SBTPG's lookup tool.  If you did not use that method to pay any fees, then this paragraph won't apply to you.

ChArLaDa

Hi,

I’m having the same issue, they said “Sent” on 03/20/2020 in the “Where is my refund”, but nothing yet in my account. Did you receive your refund or did you have to call the IRS?.

Thank you.

@ ChArLaDa wrote:

Hi,

I’m having the same issue, they said “Sent” on 03/20/2020 in the “Where is my refund”, but nothing yet in my account. Did you receive your refund or did you have to call the IRS?.

Thank you.

What do you mean by "account"--a bank account or a debit card account such as the Turbo Visa Debit Card?   This answer is about the more common circumstance--a bank account--but a similar approach would be used for a debit card account.

It's too soon to call the IRS.  They won't know anything this early.  The IRS even recommends waiting 5 days before phoning your bank to start with, since there is variation in different banks' processing times/procedures.   But you can go ahead and check with your bank.

The first place to call would be your bank (or card)--IF you did not pay any fees out of your Federal refund.  Ask them if they have any word on a pending deposit, or if an attempted deposit was refused and sent back.

NOTE:  There is something that can add to the delay, however.  If you chose to pay any TurboTax product fees out of your Federal refund, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG), where you can use SBTPG's lookup tool.  If you did not use that method to pay any fees, then this paragraph won't apply to you.

Another thing you can do is to check the deposit information you provided TurboTax to be sure it is correct.   If you chose to pay fees out of your Federal refund, you may see some deposit numbers you don't recognize, since that process uses an intermediary bank account as I mentioned above.

If the deposit info was incorrect, or if your bank refused it for some other reason, such as a mismatched name on the account, etc., the bank would send it back to where it came from--either to the IRS if it came directly from the IRS, or to the intermediary bank if you chose to pay fees out of the Federal refund.   If that were to happen, then they would send a paper check to the address on your return.

ChArLaDa

Thank you for the quick response. I meant to say my bank account. It has been 5 business days (Today) and I still haven’t received anything from the IRS.

What should I do at this point?. My bank doesn’t see any pending transactions, The IRS “Where is my refund” says “Sent”. I am in the limbo (I don’t know what to do).

I have to do what I have to do, but please don’t tell me that am going to have to call the IRS.

Thank you.

Did you choose to have your TT fees deducted from your federal refund?

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

My refund was sent on the 8th today is the 13th the deadline and when I called the bank they don't have my application so what's going on are they going to send me a paper check 

Manage cookies