turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It's been more than 10 weeks and the IRS is still playing with my **bleep** money

No---TurboTax will not pay your penalties or interest because you misunderstood what you were doing.   But you can have that discussion with customer support:

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It's been more than 10 weeks and the IRS is still playing with my **bleep** money

My name is Leonard G Jinkerson, and if turbo tax cannot resolve this issue. I will post it everywhere I can for tax payers to boycott Turbo tax. Why should have to pay these penalties because of Turbo tax. When call Turbo tax they do not answer the phone this bad business for Turbo Tax. 

@Jinkerson66 wrote:

My name is Leonard G Jinkerson, and if turbo tax cannot resolve this issue. I will post it everywhere I can for tax payers to boycott Turbo tax. Why should have to pay these penalties because of Turbo tax. When call Turbo tax they do not answer the phone this bad business for Turbo Tax. 

What issue?  This thread has over 125 messages so we do not know which issue you are referring to.

Assume it may be the delay in receiving a tax refund.

The IRS is seriously behind in processing 2020 tax returns.  This is due to many factors, such as the pandemic, completing processing of millions of 2019 tax returns, stimulus payments, unemployment compensation exclusion tax refunds., changes in the tax code by Congress in the middle of the 2020 tax season and the like.

Millions of taxpayers have not yet received there federal tax refunds.

Go to this IRS website for operational status - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

As of July 3, 2021, we had 16.8 million unprocessed individual returns in the pipeline. Unprocessed returns include tax year 2020 returns such as those requiring correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). This work does not require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund. If, as a result, a correction is made to any RRC, EITC or ACTC claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund? for their personalized refund status and can review Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

What you should do: If you filed electronically and received an acknowledgement, you do not need to take any further action other than promptly responding to any requests for information. If you filed on paper, check Where’s my refund? If it tells you we have received your return or are processing or reviewing it, we are processing your return, but it may be under review. We’re working hard to get through the backlog. Please don’t file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return.

@DoninGA See the user's post above    Re: @Jinkerson66 

This user was apparently confused about refund processing or the summary given to him that netted out the difference between federal refund and state tax due,     and expected his state tax due to be deducted from his federal refund.   So he did not pay his IN tax and now is upset with TurboTax because IN is charging late penalties and interest on the tax he did not pay by the deadline.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@xmasbaby0 Got it...Thanks.

Too funny @xmasbaby0 that you are still defending and teaching people where to go, yet you do not work for them…? 

Maybe turbo tax themselves should be helping their customers and not be hiding behind a troll account in the FAQ

Has anyone received their refund because it’s turbo tax that lie to all of us. I think if we are charged interest when we own then we should get paid interest for turbo tax lying about getting g our refund in 21 days or less which looks like the majority of the people that file with turbo tax and got charged a huge amount of money for nothing. I want my god dam refund now. I don’t care what excuse you have. Pay the people or a class action lawsuit will be filed against you. 

@Sheri1295  TurboTax says 21 days because that's what the IRS advertises.

It's not a lie.

I did not file with TurboTax and I'm still waiting also.

I'm not asking my tax software provider  to do something about it because we all know the IRS is way backlogged.

Over 13 million returns are still in the "pipeline" to be looked at. 

Nobody Is forcing TurboTax to say anything. It’s their choice to use that as a selling point to charge you a huge amount of money thinking your going to get your money within 21 days and TurboTax will take it out of our tax return. It’s a lie!!!! 

it’s been 5 months since I file my tax returns with turbo tax and I still haven’t got my taxes back at all I file them on 03/14/2021 

TurboTax a joke? Wow!! Talk about understatement, that has to be the understatement to beat all understatement. And to make matters worse they aren't even a funny joke. I'm completely with u on the never ever using TurboTax again. Afterthis debacle I wouldn't even recommend them to my worst enemy. And like the same way they did u, they took their $170 but still won't do anything to help. I asked them if they would wait until my return was deposited before taking a$170 out of my account. 2 guesses as to what they said.

It's been 3 months and I haven't received my return and I got charged the huge amount. I check my status and it's still processing with the IRS.  You know if I knew TurboTax was going to charge me after the estimated return date I would've just stick to my tax guy. $90 for professionals who are able to get my entire family and friends their taxes filed and processed within a week and some change. And the crazy part is we all filed around the same week! Turbo Tax fcked us and we didn't even get a chance to rebuttal our charges.  Turbo Tax and the people representing this establishment should be ashamed of themselves.  I am very aware that the IRS is backlogged but why did others who filed the same time as me not through Turbo Tax received their refund within 10 days after filing? They took out the money when I needed it the most... I am sure everyone have this same story.. what goes around will comes around dear. Don't you worry!

specialmc
Returning Member

Where my refund my name is Maranda craig where is my refund y’all playing arounf

First make sure your return was accepted.  Did you efile?  You can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

You are not alone. Millions are still waiting. Turbo Tax only gives you an estimated date. The IRS usually pays most refunds within 21 days. But these are not normal times. This year is taking the IRS longer to send the refunds. There are millions more people filing returns to get the Stimulus payment.

See this news article on Refunds being delayed
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/where-is-my-damn-irs-tax-refund-new-answers-emerge-a...

Only the IRS can tell you. If your return was Accepted then check IRS Where's my refund
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

When will you get your refund?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

IRS - Questions about Refunds
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Curtith1

I did my taxes in February hopefully to get my refund of $643 early. It is now going on 7 months and I have not received my return. The IRS is so screwed up that I gave up hope of receiving my refund. Now are they going to add a penalty and interest to my $643? Of course not but they would sure charge us penalty and interest. There are only 3 possible ways to get the money back. 1. Make sure you owe the IRS next year more than they owe you're 2020 refund. 2. Turbotax asks this question in the 2021 taxes and then deducts this amount from what you owe but,if not, 3. Don't file the federal return electronically and send in your paperwork and check for the amount you owe minus the 2020 refund you never got. If the IRS doesn't accept this and they start charging you penalty and interest you can ask for an appeal hearing. Now you will finally be able to talk to a person and let them explain why you did not get your refund. Think of all the satisfaction you will get telling how incompetent they are. This could be better than getting your refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies