turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bcrutch84

Tax Year 2020: Is everyone having issues getting their second stimulus? I still have not received mine.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JulieC14
Expert Alumni

Tax Year 2020: Is everyone having issues getting their second stimulus? I still have not received mine.

If you received your first stimulus check, but have not received your second one yet, TurboTax is aware that a number of customers have experienced issues regarding the receipt of their second stimulus payment.  TurboTax is working with the IRS to ensure the proper information is submitted. Please click on the following link for additional information: Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

To check your stimulus check status, you can go to the IRS Get My Payment tool. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was deposited or mailed. The IRS has indicated there’s nothing you can do to change where they send your payment

If your stimulus check is going to a Turbo Card, see more information here:  Access Your Stimulus Payment on Your Turbo® Card | TurboTax® (intuit.com)

If you have not received your payment by mid-January and your status remains "unavailable" at Get My Payment, then you can claim your credit when you file your 2020 tax return.  To do this, you will need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 taxes to get your money. 

TurboTax will guide you through the process of filing your 2020 return and including the Recovery Rebate Credit form on your return.  TurboTax® Official Site: File Taxes Online, Tax Filing Made Easy (intuit.com)

For further information, see this link:  Get Your Second Stimulus Check | TurboTax® Official Guide (intuit.com)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I still havent received the stimulus payment.. I know already that I do qualify.  The trouble I am having is that on the 12th of January received a turbo tax email saying that payment was rejected because they didnt have my direct deposit account information available.. (they should have had it because they've had it the last few years I've been a customer) but as it were, I went and updated that information and clicked "done" at the end of the page.   still checking the get my payment .. see status unavailable.. checked my bank.. no pending deposits.. so I was finally able to speak with a turbo tax rep named Latasha who assured me after verifying my credentials that I should see payment possibly tomorrow. okay thank you.. that's a relief.. but now moments ago I get another turbo tax email asking me to update my deposit infomation yet again !  I go to the site and it shows the same information I put in on the 12th.. I am concerned .. what the heck is going on ? can someone please explain the major malfunction.. time is running out with their cut off deadline.. and then I will be relegated and forced to just file an economic recovery credit ?  this is not okay.. it will take months for me to get my tax refund .. and I am extremely dissatisfied.  why would a turbo tax rep confirm my information by phone early this evening and now late this evening get another request for me to once again provide the deposit acct information.. what is wrong with this picture ?  I need the funds.  I cant tell you how much in words.. and I loathe that this interference is causing me undue stress and anxiety.  This is not right!  This is not acceptable by any means.. what is the situation here.. why is someone messing me up like this ??? !!

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

This link provides the most up to date information available from the IRS:  IRS Update

If you have a Turbo Card, this link will be helpful to you:  Turbo Card

This link will tell you more about the Recovery Rebate Credit:  Recovery Rebate Credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies