Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS workers are heroes + deceptive TurboTax practice

Of note: no one calls the IRS "essential workers" nor salutes them as "heroes." I'm a physician and have problems with that "essential" label, but let me be the first to say it: IRS workers are heroes.

Due to difficulties with my wife's IP-Pin, we've had to file via mail every year. 

This year, we were able to reset my wife's IP Pin and were happy to e-file our taxes. It took weeks of calls with the IRS (woefully understaffed) and were urged at every step to e-file taxes because of major delays. 

Now... we used the IRS non-filers website for the Coronavirus stimulus payments! Imagine our surprise, when we could NOT e-file. Apparently, only one e-filed return is allowed per year, per SSN. So if people used the non-filers website, for whatever reason, such as IT WAS THE ONLY THING AVAILABLE, then none of those can e-file! 

TurboTax: next time, how about informing your users BEFOREHAND about this so we don't figure it out AT THE VERY LAST STEP of the process? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Sorry ... but there were warnings to NOT use the stimulus registration if you were going to file a real return ... your failure to read them is on you not TT ... these are the screens that were presented that clearly tell you to NOT use this option ...  your haste to file for the stimulus requires now you to mail in the full return ... no exceptions.   And  wait the  4 months or more for it to process. 

stimulus payment registeration-1.pngstimulus payment registeration-2.pngstimulus payment registeration-10.png

My business depends on my "haste." 

Not all businesses were able to submit online.

My information is on-file with the IRS. My wife's information was not - the initial comment. 

So because they helped you out once they're heroes? I disagree. They sat at home for months, which may not have been their choice, then had to be bribed to come back to work. They aren't heroes. Stop with that nonsense. The doctors, medical personnel, retail essential workers, and much of the food industry are the real heroes. 

Reading comprehension isn't America's strong suit. 

I am a doctor and one of those heroes. And I chose to call them heroes. Just because the current political leadership is a disaster doesn't mean every government worker is "unessential." 

No one at the IRS or unemployment offices to help with the very things we need help with. The only difference is I HAVE to show up to the hospital or clinic and see you, no matter what. No mask? I have to re-use it. 

It's not TurboTax's fault the dolts that planned a stimulus check (if we can call it "planning") did not realize a paper return would then need to be filed, regardless of tax complexity or business structure. 

Excuuuuse me if I was too distracted thinking about patients instead of reading the TurboTax disclaimer page. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies