Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

as512

IRS discrepancy, received $3 instead of $1403

Hi, 

I'm a single person, filing as a single, no one claims me as a dependent, and I make under 50k a year. I changed jobs last year (which is noted on my taxes), but still remained under 50k in income. I did not receive a 3rd stimulus payment. I only received 2 in 2020. 

I have yet to receive the letter explaining where the discrepancy is. I've tried calling IRS support and they keep saying they can tell me no information on my return and the phone hangs up. 

Does anyone have any ideas here? Can I fight this in any way? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

If your refund is short $1,400 then that is because you said you did not receive the 3rd stimulus payment and the IRS has records that show you were sent the 3rd stimulus payment so they removed the $1,400 Recovery Rebate Credit that was entered on Form 1040 Line 30.

Go to this IRS website for your tax account to see if the 3rd stimulus payment is entered - https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

If you checked your bank account in the March - May 2021 timeframe and there is not a $1,400 EIP3 payment from the IRS then go to this IRS website for how to start a trace on the payment - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-economic-impact-payment-topic-j-p...

as512

If I found the record of the 3rd $1400 stimulus, is there anything I can do now to correct this? 

If you think you did not get the stimulus but the IRS says you did then read this : 

A4. If you agree with the changes we made, no response is required.

If you disagree, you can call us at the toll-free number listed on the top right corner of your notice.

@as512 

There is nothing for you to do ... the IRS already made the correction.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies