turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

B68420

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

•  

Screenshot_20200414-112002_Chrome.jpg

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

@Paddi10989 wrote:

@DoninGA 

if I owe federal taxes will they send me a paper check or will it still go on my TT card?

If you did not receive a 2019 federal tax refund then you would not have received a Turbo Visa card for 2019.

If you did receive a 2018 federal tax refund and had the refund deposited onto a Turbo Visa card in 2018 the the stimulus payment will be direct deposited onto the Turbo Visa card, if it is still active.

Otherwise, you will receive the stimulus payment from the IRS by check mailed to the address on your last federal tax return filed.

Paddi10989
Returning Member

@DoninGA 

I did receive a card and the correct info is on my taxes I just checked and I have the card in my hand. 

karim0630
Returning Member

@Paddi10989 I do not know. It should be your bank account and routing number listed though; I am strictly talking about direct deposit and not HR block card, Chime card, etc. The bank that takes out the processing fee, where you authorized them to deduct Turbotax charges from your refund, are not deducted until after the IRS deposited your refund to your account.

@Paddi10989 wrote:

@DoninGA 

I did receive a card and the correct info is on my taxes I just checked and I have the card in my hand. 

You said you had taxes owed.  Was that for tax year 2019?  Or did you mean taxes for a prior year?

The Turbo Visa card would not even have been offered if you had taxes owed on a federal tax return for 2019.

So if you did file for a federal tax refund in 2019 the Turbo Visa card would have been offered.  And in that case the stimulus payment will go to the Turbo Visa card you received in 2019.

Paddi10989
Returning Member

@DoninGA 

I owed the department of defense some money but I did receive a TT card. 

emoss3715
Returning Member

So because my 1040 had my banking info on it the IRS has it correct? 

karim0630
Returning Member

That's my understanding since they have your direct deposit information on file 🙂 The IRS should have the tool to check in a few days though and some banks haven't even begun to process payments yet. 

@Paddi10989 wrote:

@DoninGA 

I owed the department of defense some money but I did receive a TT card. 

Your stimulus payment cannot be seized for a debt owed to the DOD.  You will receive the stimulus payment on your Turbo Visa card.

Paddi10989
Returning Member

@DoninGA 

Thank you for all your help

I filed on 3-21-19 for 2019 taxes and have a refund and input my bank account information it still says processing plus I owed for 2018.  Due to the message still processing do they have my bank information as to where to send my stimulus check or am I stuck in limbo.  Thank you.

terrice71

Was that your tax refund or stimulus check? 

terrice71

Did they take fees out?   

Tax refund thank you

Does the IRS have the info it needs for my stimulus check

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies