Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

@stephronl wrote:

we filed using Turbo tax requesting our refund through SBTG as of today we haven't not stimulus I have read so much conflicting information if IRS has your DD  if you used SBTG . Stbg did update there message from yesterday on there home page 

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit into your bank account then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit into the same account.

The Treasury Department through the IRS is in control for when the stimulus funds are dispersed to approximately 150 million people.  It will not and cannot all be done in one day.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Get on the IRS website and go to the I want to say e-file registration or something and I believe you can update your information there. That's awful what you have to go through. I myself filed taxes and didn't need to and to top it off I forgot to include my 1099 form and of course IRS is closed so I have to wait until they open or they send me a letter . But good luck to God Bless

I don't think so, I did the same thing, according to IRS website I guess not. But things change so quickly I keep checking it. But,as of now no you don't have to do anything further

Jenn19791

Yes, whatever you used to file 2018 or 2019 direct deposit is the account the stimulus is going into. The Government already stressed this multiple times

major bank? prepaid card? where it was deposit today? I have PNC nothing yet. 

dalenicefield38
Returning Member

I filed 2019 I have a different card 2018 which card will they put it on @lianaortega  @marisaperez  @Jenn19791  @Skinnychick76  @Jenn19791 

Paddi10989
Returning Member

I have not received a federal return in quite a few years. Yet my TT card is on file and my routing number and everything from my TT card is on my taxes. I’m hearing since I owe the federal government I won’t get DD is this true?

I believe they’ll prioritize 2019 tax return over 2018 in regards of your bank/ card info. 

Paddi10989
Returning Member

I read somewhere that since I owed federal they will send me a paper check is this true?

karim0630
Returning Member

I had fees taken from my refund and the refund direct deposited to my account. I went back and looked at the pdf file for my return from this year.

You should notice that the bank account given for direct deposit when filing your taxes on the pdf (1040, 1040EZ, etc..) should be your actual Bank Account not Santa Barbara bank or whoever takes the fees. Hope that helps!

I'd like to also, will the IRS keep my stimulus check if I owe fed..

@Emmynic1 wrote:

I'd like to also, will the IRS keep my stimulus check if I owe fed..

No, the IRS will not seize your stimulus payment for back taxes owed.

Why is it taking forever to have it deposited to my TurboTax card? They have a routing and account number with the card

Paddi10989
Returning Member

@karim0630  How will I know if it’s santabarbera

Paddi10989
Returning Member

@DoninGA 

if I owe federal taxes will they send me a paper check or will it still go on my TT card?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies