turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It says my refund has been sent to be deposited in my account but it has not hit my account yet

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

214 Replies
Patrice

It says my refund has been sent to be deposited in my account but it has not hit my account yet

If the status in Where’s My Refund? shows “Refund Sent”, the IRS has sent your tax refund to your financial institution for direct deposit. It can take 1 to 5 days for your financial institution to deposit funds into your account. If you don't receive it in 1 to 5 days then you should contact your financial institution.

Vsb

How can I contact my financial intuition?

@Vsb You wrote

"How can I contact my financial intuition?"

You mean you do not know how to contact your own bank?  You should be able to call them on the phone, look at your bank account online, or perhaps visit the local branch in person.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Vsb

I was suppose to receive a Visa card with my return on it, I do not have a bank account, so it could not have been sent to my bank, It was suppose to come in the mail to my home address.  That’s the information I filled out with turbo tax....  so now what’s my next step, since I never received it?...

@Vsb 

You could have included that piece of information with your original question to save some time.

For help with your pre-paid Visa card:

Call  (888) 285-4169

There is a “Help” link in the top corner of the web site for the card:

https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/

Did you request to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund?

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
KG8

Mine says it was sent to be deposited on Feb 12 but my bank says they have not received it.... Help

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit funds into your account.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mikeb12

Mine too. Have you found anything out 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You would need to reach out directly to your financial institution regarding when the funds you receive will be available to you. 

Mikeb12

Can a government agency offset my refund after the IRS has sent it to my bank? 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

No, the refunds offset process occurs before the (remaining) refund is deposited into your bank account, not after. Please click What is a refund offset? to learn more.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kyla8484

How do I find out why the website is stating that my refund was deposited on a certain day but the bank has no record of it at all what is the possible problem due to it being federal return and I know that it's the right account number and routing number due to I have received State already so what could possibly be the holdup

Kyla8484

And what if everything I have tried to retrieve and locate where my return is on the where's my return site and then also my return turn tool site and nothing is being shown other than it was deposited but it doesn't give proof

@Kyla8484 wrote:

How do I find out why the website is stating that my refund was deposited on a certain day but the bank has no record of it at all what is the possible problem due to it being federal return and I know that it's the right account number and routing number due to I have received State already so what could possibly be the holdup

What website is "the website?"  Are you referring to the  IRS "Where's My Refund" tool?   Does it say your refund has been sent?  If so, how long has it been?  The IRS says to allow up to 5 days due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.

And there could be another link in the chain.  

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG) where you can log in to check on it or use their automated phone system.   If you did not use that method to pay fees, then this paragraph won't apply to you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies