turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

apgin108

If my irs.gov refund amount says something less than what turbo was supposed to give me back, what does that mean? How can it be fixed? Missing money from my refund.

If my irs.gov  refund amount says something less than what turbo was supposed to give me back, what does that mean? How can it be fixed? Missing money from my refund.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If my irs.gov refund amount says something less than what turbo was supposed to give me back, what does that mean? How can it be fixed? Missing money from my refund.

If the IRS reduced your refund, they will send you a letter explaining why. You probably won't get the letter until a few weeks after you get the refund. You can't attempt to "fix" it until you know why they reduced it. There might not be anything to fix.

How much is missing?  A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payment or got the second one after you filed or reported the wrong amounts or entered them in the wrong box.  Do you have an amount on line 30?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies